(Closed) Mr. Bee's Plan Pact June 2012

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

“Good luck/break a leg/merde/namaste/whatever.” LOL.

I’m in πŸ™‚ we have a busy month! I’m moving with my SO to start grad school in a small town where neither of us know anyone…but all the more reason to try to focus on myself! I need to find a yoga studio in the new town (not easy, it’s the middle of nowhere), lose a few lbs, figure out a grad student budget, decorate and settle into the new place, and take time to watch the bachelorette on Hulu and give myself a pedicure on Tuesday’s (my favorite “me time” ritual). Also, he told me before that he’s thinking of asking my parents when they come to visit in July…but all that said, I am going to try to not bring up anything at all related to engagement for the rest of June AND July. We’ll see how it goes πŸ™‚

Post # 5
933 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m in – I have been really busy lately and it’s time to do some nice things for ourselves!

Post # 6
22 posts
Newbee

OK. I will do it! Even though our friends are getting engaged left and right, I will NOT bring up marriage/engagement for the rest of the summer. I just recently lost 15 pounds on Weight Watchers, so I hope to continue either with losing or maintaining that number. I also joined a women’s book club and have been making an extra effort to go out and do things with these ladies outside of our meetings. I am moving in less than a month to my own apartment (roommate just got engaged and our lease is up), so I will focus on making my new apartment a cozy home for me.

Post # 7
1311 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m in too.

I have already signed up for volley ball league and been having tons of fun playing every Tuesday. I have some yoga classes purchased, so I’ll start going once a week or so. I am thinking of going a little darker with my hair too.

Been outing with friends and will propably plan more of that a little πŸ™‚

I have been kind good so far this month and will try not to mention this subject with SO till August at least.

Post # 8
597 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@missjuli:  I’m in! 

I will not spend the night at his place, I will spend time with my friends, I will spend time doing my hair and makeup/dressing up and am looking into joining a zumba class…. I wish I could do something to my hair but I finally got it back to its original color (not since 8th grade!) and its a good length.

@Lulume:  How do you look yoga? I do pilates and don’t know the difference. 

Post # 9
365 posts
Helper bee

Alright, I think this is genius. I was contemplating something similar to this in the fall, but I think I should start sooner than later.

I think I will:

Hang out with the girls more

Get my hair done(tomorrow)

Work on my math(yep!)

Join some kind of Zumba/Yoga/Pilates class

Decorate the house

Be out with the dogs more often!

It’s hard to think of ways to distance yourself when you live with SO

Post # 10
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

i’m in for the whole summer, definitely.

steps already taken:

– decided to grow my hair further (even tho its HELL of a heat here and i don’t really like wearing ponytails/buns, ugh)

– gave up my lifelong nail-biting habit (YAY me!) and signed up for monthly mani sessions

– consulted the dentist about making my smile look better and he prescribed wearing braces for half a year. gross, i know. was a really hard decision to make but by the end of autumn i guess i won’t regret it πŸ˜€

planning to:

– spend more time on fitness and swimming

– go through a 2-week dieting course

– dye my hair ombre red O.o

– and keep out of the wedding discussions. will be hard cos all our friends are also getting engaged left and right. will try πŸ™‚

Post # 11
1311 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Miss T-Rex:  I’ve never done pilates but have done youga so don’t really know the difference. In yoga you don’t use anything else but your own body, majority of poses are about balance and rest on lengthing your body by stretching. I’ve done Hot Yoga before and it’s awesome! It’s regular yoga but in a 40’c room. So you can stretch further cuz all your joints and muscles are warm. First class for me though – I thought I was going to die because your body goes into survival mode.

Helloemi I have a labradoodle and my SO already says that he gets more attention LOL

linssi I just stopped the nail biting habit myself and am proud to show off my nails! It’s a hard thing to do. Way to go!

Post # 12
365 posts
Helper bee

@Lulume:  I have a shiba inu and we are currently fostering a Pomeranian and they are both pretty demanding of attention! 

Post # 13
88 posts
Worker bee

Good timing. I really need this today.

I’ve started tentatively planning a solo trip to Montana in late August, I’ve never been there, it was one of my dad’s favorite places (he sadly passed five years ago) and I really want to see it. I’d love to do some guided hiking, horseback riding and sightseeing.

Starting a new kickboxing class on Monday, losing weight and toning up! My goal is to drop a size and fit into some old clothes again.

I’ve been investing more time and energy into my business which I’ll continue

Various house projects and re-decorating over the summer.

I’m going to try and not bring up anything engagement or wedding related for a month

Post # 14
181 posts
Blushing bee

im all over it doing my gel nails at home {longer than ever } check

growing hair {its shoulder length } check 

going to the gym its got to be working cause hes def commenting on my shape

planning a trip to atl in july  {solo}

focusing on some more certs to further my pharmay tech degree

Post # 15
13 posts
Newbee

Hi all, I’m new, just stumbled across this online.  Wow this is totally my situation, we’ve been going out for almost 2 years, we have the promise ring and everything, he knows what rings I like, and heck, he already has the diamond.  We bought a house together in Feb and I am just soooo ready to be calling him my Fiance (at least, hopefully soon my hubby), not only because he is the LOVE OF MY LIFE, but also being completely co-dependent financially, I feel like ‘boyfriend’ or ‘partner’ is not a true description of what we are.  

But I keep bringing it up and have practically planned our wedding already (what we do together on our days off), and the ring and proper proposal is just something I can’t control.  

SO, after your lovely inspiration this is what I have decided:

I’m going to start running again, study super hard for my University exams so I get honours, clean my whole house and get my hair done nicely. I will have girls nights and not focus on the number in his phone which I know is the jeweller, who pops up every so often.  i will not mention weddings or rings again until i have one on my finger.  (oh, and I will no longer read forums like this lol, or the knot!) GOODLUCK LADIES πŸ˜€

The topic ‘Mr. Bee's Plan Pact June 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors