(Closed) Music to be introduced as Mr. & Mrs. at the wedding reception? Read on…

posted 8 years ago in Music
Post # 3
4385 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i haven’t picked a first dance song yet… but during dinner we’re thinking of playing classical music! i want an elegant atmosphere and i think this would help 🙂

Post # 4
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Good question about the music during dinner.  We haven’t discussed it but I’m thinking anything with a slow tempo and the music should be low, like in restaurants.  We’re doing our first dance to a song by a one hit wonder named Jesse Powell, its titled “You”, we both adored the song when it came out so its a perfect fit.  The music is the most important detail to me!  I have everything picked out… except dinner music!

Post # 5
1084 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

As everyone was sitting down to dinner we played swing.  We walked in to 99 red balloons, because people were releasing balloons (though not red ones) into the top of the tent.  During dinner we played somewhat recognizable songs we liked that weren’t so danceable, like happy by bruce springsteen and others like that. 

Post # 6
908 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Our introduction song was supposed to be the Monday Night Football theme, but our DJ messed up and I don’t know what he played.  Whatever you pick, just keep in mind that it won’t be playing for very long.

First Dance: Lifehouse – You and Me

For dinner music we went with oldies like Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole.  It just seemed appropriate.

Post # 8
1205 posts
Bumble bee

We haven’t picked any of our introduction music – for us, for the wedding party…

Our first dance will be I’d Love to be Your Last by Clay Walker  – Lyrics

During dinnr we plan to play a mix of classic country music (Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, etc) and Classic Pop, Jazz, and Big Band. (Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Rosemary Clooney, etc.  After dinner we’ll kick it up with some traditional Mexican music, and more current pop and country.

Post # 9
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Still dabating the First dance Song although I think it will be “Soulmate” by Josh Turner.

For music during dinner, I am playing my friends’ first dance songs. I don’t know that they’ll notice but it is my way of incorporating those that I couldn’t include in the wedding party.

The topic ‘Music to be introduced as Mr. & Mrs. at the wedding reception? Read on…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors