- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2012
Hi bees! I wanted to share with you how I was able to have a wedding for $2,750. Im not here to brag about it… I just want to share my story to help other brides *please excuse my grammar – English is my second language*
I was only able to do this with the help of my beautiful family! They helped me sooo much: they helped me to set up the whole reception (tables, stations, décor, etc), they ran errands for me, etc… you also need to know that I had to make many compromises, but I don’t regret it… I truly believe I had a BEAUTIFUL wedding! Everyone had a lot of fun!
I also want to use this opportunity to recommend the vendors that I worked with. (Georgia brides)
What and how much?
– Church – $350 – We were looking at a gorgeous church in an affluent Atlanta area, but it was way too expensive! Over a $1000! Instead, we decided to get married at the church that we usually go to.
– Father – $150 – The fee to “hire” the Father was already included in the church fee. However, Father Carlos helped us sooo much, that we decided to give him a little extra.
– Reception Venue – $100 – Yes! Only a hundred dollars for the whole day!! Believe it or not, I was able to have my reception at a club house in a nice subdivision. Yes, I know this is not the ideal place to have a wedding, but it was big enough, and super affordable!
– Cleaning fee – $100 – for reception venue.
– Invitations – $35 – This was one of my DIY projects. I bought all the supplies at Michaels, and I did them myself. It took me about two days to finish them. Yes, it was exhausting, but I was able to do them the way I wanted it, and I saved a lot of money.
– Flower Girl dresses + baskets + petals + etc…. – $60 – I got all this from ebay. The dresses were $15/each, the baskets were $5/each, the petals were $10, and my mom made 2 hairpieces and she also decorated the baskets (she only spent $10 doing all this)
– Wedding bands – $100 – We got our wedding bands from Amazon. They look great, and are great quality!!! Very happy with this purchase!
– Catering – $500 – There were amazing!!! CLEAR CATERING provided us with great service, and they worked with our budget! Of course, prices vary depending on how many ppl and what kind of food you want to have. Our wedding was for 60 guests, and we served two different types of pasta, choice of grilled chicken with Alfredo Sauce, or Shrimp in Vodka Sauce, steamed veggies, Caesar Salad, and bread. It was really an amazing vendor!! I will definitely use their services again! Oh, and on top of all that, they were spr nice and sweet with my guests!!! Outstanding service!!!
– DJ – $300 – I was able to negotiate with the DJ $300 for 4 hrs. He has been in the business for many years, and he is great! He played the songs that I actually asked him to ( I know many brides who end up hating their DJ for not playing the songs they requested). DJ Zezar was amazing!!! He also dressed up for the occasion, and was super polite and friendly with my guests!!!
– Tables + chairs + Linens – The reception site already had 40 chairs and 5 tables (8 person capacity), so I ended up renting 2 extra tables, and 20 chairs, for $35 dollars. I also rented 8 linens for $60.
– Plates + glassware + silverware – The caterer provided plates and silverware. I paid around $25 for plastic champagne glasses and plastic shotglasses, and $35 for wineglasses/cocktail glasses.
– Centerpieces and Decor – $200 – I did my own centerpieces. I did 16 floating candle-vases. It was hard and time consuming, but definitely more affordable than paying someone else to do them for you. I bought all supplies from Hobby Lobby and dollar tree.
– Beer + Wine + soft drinks + H2O bottles + aguardiente + Champagne – $500 – We went to this wine store in Kennesaw, and they have great prices. They will also give you a discount if you buy whole cases. We bought 16 bottles of wine, 12 bottles of champagne, 5 aguardiente bottles, 120 bottles of beer, 5 packs of soft drinks, and 3 cases of bottled water. Pretty sweet deal! And the best part: we still have left overs! 🙂
– Cake – $200 – For the cake we used a super sweet lady (who happens to be my sister’s mother in law. She owns a small business and works from home. She made the most beautiful cake/cupcake display ever!!! It was not only pretty, but it was truly delicious!! Pls see pictures below!!! — Sugar Drops Bakery! 🙂
What I didn’t pay for:
– Wedding gown and accessories – My parents bought all these as my wedding present. However, I didn’t want them to spend thousands of dollars… I got my dress, veil, shoes, and jewelry from Davids Bridal. Everything was about $400. My Dress was only $250 🙂
– Husband’s Suit – This was a wedding gift from my brother in law. He spent about $200 for it.
– Favors – Favors were a wedding gift from a very close friend. She is family to us… She ordered these beautiful rosaries from Jerusalem, and she put together chocolate mint packets… What a great gift! I am thinking she spent about $200 for all that!
– Bridesmaids dresses – Each bridesmaid paid for her own dress. I only told them what color I wanted, but I let them choose the design ( whether it was long, short, sleeveless, etc)
– Makeup and Hair – I did it myself
– Photographer – I took a chance, and I am really happy with the pics everyone took.
I think that was it… We decided to have a small/simple wedding because we wanted to have a nice honeymoon. My husband’s parents gave us 2 roundtrip tickets to Europe as a wedding gift!!! We didn’t register anywhere… instead, we asked for money as wedding presents, and we used the money we got to stay 10 days in Europe. We visited Germany, Italy, and France. It was all worth it!
I know many of you want to have a big nice wedding… but if you are debating on how much you want to spend, think about what I did. I really had an amazing wedding… yes, it was not a luxurious one, but it was fun… and I was able to be with the people that I love the most! And on top of that, I went to Europe for my honeymoon! That’s something that I will never ever forget! And God knows when I will be able to do that again!!!! I am sooo happy with the choice that I made.