"My 600 lb Life" rant.

posted 3 years ago in Wellness
Post # 2
3097 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - A court...

Very selfish! :/ what ended up happening?

Post # 3
2455 posts
Buzzing bee

Vitana:  I don’t know if it was the same episode but I remember one where the husband said that. Then she lost a lot of weight and could actually do things for herself and he HATED IT! He loved taking care of her (read: wiping her ass) and when she lost weight they fought all the time! I can’t remember if they stayed together or not…

Post # 4
3368 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Reminds me of this poor woman who briefly attended the same Weight Watchers meeting as I do.  She told us that her husband tries to sabotage her weightloss because he is very insecure and afraid of her looking good.  Seemed like such a personal thing for her to share.  I felt so bad.  A lot of us commented suggesting she talk to him about how weightloss is for her health so they can have a long future together, do more things, etc.   She only attended for a few weeks.  So sad.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  heathaah.
Post # 5
2052 posts
Buzzing bee

The guy on this episode was such an asshole. When your own child is saying “Why did you marry him?” referring to you, that should give you a clue that theres something wrong with you. 

Did anyone see the episode with Penny?? That was the most frustrating anger inducing episode I’ve ever watched

Post # 8
7192 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

a_day_at_the_fair:  I saw that one! And the mom said “Because if I didn’t marry him, I wouldn’t have you” and the daughter said “It wasn’t worth it”. How can that man live with himself?

Post # 9
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

These men are just as bad as the ones that make a woman starve for them. 

Post # 10
1905 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I know a couple and the woman was very large and the guy was very thin. It was known he had like.. A fetish. Anyways she started dieting and has lost 60 pounds so far. I’ve been wondering if he’s like.. Okay with her still.

Post # 11
1344 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Vitana:  I was watching that episode tonight as well and the husband’s attitude totally ticked me off as well! I was hoping he would come around but no! Also, did you hear the way that he talked to his daughter? That is such an unhealthy family dynamic!!

Post # 12
314 posts
Helper bee

That episode was absolutely horrible.  Great for her as she was doing so well with her weight loss, but I hope she ends up leaving him!  His behavior was so uncalled for.  When your own daughter wishes she weren’t alive because she sees how horribly you treat your wife, it is time for some self reflection.  She seemed like such a sweet loving person and it broke my heart to hear the things he said to her.  My boyfriend usually doesn’t watch these types of shows, but even he stopped playing video games to tune in with me.  It was absurd, truly.  

Post # 13
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Wow, I totally understand that some guys are into bigger chicks, I personally find larger guys attractive [NOT fat, but chubby, I don’t like stick thin guys at all!]. And I myself am a large girl, but I think it comes to a certain point about health and 600 lbs is OBVIOUSLY too large. Our bodies aren’t meant to carry that much weight. That’s such a horrible thing for him to say, I’m sure he wants her to feel her best no matter her weight, and I’m sure she isn’t expecting to come out weighing 100 pounds.

Although, I do know a couple in real life that are dealing with this, he’s my tattoo artist. He’s a real big guy, and he married his wife when she was pretty big [she wasn’t OMG HUGE but she probably weighed like 250, and carried it well]. He loves thick women, and she went on a diet and lost quite a bit of weight, she’s probably down to 130 now. She often says that he doesn’t treat her and he once did and what not.

I guess the whole finding your partner less attractive if they gain weight can work in the opposite way as well. So sad.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors