(Closed) My $6,000 dollar wedding for 100-150 people

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

To answer your question- how about wedding bands and transport (e.g. transportation in between ceremony and venue and from venue to your hotel)? Also the Honeymoon if you care to include that in the cost of the wedding which I would.

I admit I”m jealous that you can get food that cheap- Boston is so much more expensive 😉

Post # 4
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

Good for you!  Unfortunately your budget won’t even cover our hall here in Michigan.

Post # 5
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Jamie42003:  Did you include all of your attire?  Dress, undergarments, shoes, veil, jewelry for $300??

Post # 6
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Are these guesses? Or have you actaully researched and found vendors for those prices?

100 for hair makeup seems very low (I think it’s 200+)

300 for your attire seems low (alterations run you 100+)

grooms attire seems low (rentals seem to be 200+)

other thoughts: thank you cards or notes, postage for invites and thank yous, tips for food/ booze, donation to church (like tip), taxes, marriage license (50+), rehersal dinner

MOST IMPORTANTLY: MISC COSTSSSSSSSSSSSSS! You just never know what is going to come up!

Goodluck 🙂

FYI something that helped me when searching for vendors I would say something like my budget for decor is 1500 all in, and I’m hoping for x,y,z. Let me know what you think. That way both parties are in the know…

Post # 7
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Nice Great Job. For the same amount of people my wedding is costing $17,000 + by the time I am done. AGHHHH. The problem is I really don’t have a lot of time for DIY stuff so paying pro’s to do everything is certainly more costly. I did however get really good deals on services and stuff because I know a lot of the right people.

Dress-$1200 (Still need alterations)

Venue-$2000 (on the water in FL) Ceremony and Reception

Wedding Planner – $3000 (Gave us a really good deal, owns own wearhouse full of many options of wedding decor linens, draping, centerpieces, even down to charger plates, etc. Including all that for free with no labor charges).

Flowers- $1000

DJ- $750 (usually $1100)

Photographer- $1000 all day services includes prints, books, etc. (Usually $1200)

Tux for groom- Might be free with rental deal or up to $200

Food- $5000-$6000 ($24 pp) Stations buffet style

Alcohol- Buying ourselves and hiring bartender or may just pay service up to $2000

Hair and Makeup- Free coordinator pays for

Cake- my Mom is professional cake decorator so FREE

Outside Chairs-$150

Invitations-$300 I get free custom designing I just have to pay for the paper being used. Same for programs, etc.

Bridesmaid/Groomsmen Gifts- $300 TBD

Extra things like Ceremony stuff etc. – $500

Whoa it definately adds up fast. This is for a wedding in the Tampa Bay Area in Florida. My mom re-married a couple of years back and spent about $15,000. There are definately some major differences with her wedding from mine though.

Post # 9
50 posts
Worker bee

I actually think your budget is way reasonable- my wedding will be in the DMV (Washington DC) area, with roughly 15-30 invited, and our total isn’t that far off from yours. Our venue price is way more, but we’re getting other things for free-like photographer- or not having to rent/use (no band-we’re having games instead and we don’t need to rent any sound equipment) that balances it out. And honestly, I could’ve made it at least $1k cheaper but I loved our venue. Your budget is definitely doable! Congratulations!

People that think it can’t be done are probably prioritizing things differently, not price comparing, or simply want a more extravagant wedding (which there’s nothing with- just don’t pretend it couldn’t be cheaper if you wanted). 

Post # 10
429 posts
Helper bee

you go girl!  buget away.  Mine is around 8k for the same numbers.  It’s totally possible.  

Post # 11
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

mine is $3000 plus honeymoon. i posted a full breakdown on the Money board

Post # 12
2693 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

My budget is $4000-$5000 for 150 people including rings and honeymoon (trying to keep it under $4000 though.)  The breakdown so far:

Reception Venue– $400 (roughly)

Food– Trying to keep it at or under $1000 (so far cheapest is $1250). I know I can find someone to beat that.

Alcohol– budgeting for about $200 (2 kegs and some wine).  However fi now wants liquor too so we’ll see how that goes.

Rehearsal Dinner– budgeting for about $100 (mom and stepdad cooking the food).

Decorations for venue–  Venue has tables/chairs.  Tall centerpieces for tables, petals from florist (comes in a package that also includes bouquets, bouts and flower girl basket): $298.  Votives: $100 (roughly). Linens: fmil made them.

Flowers– package from florist that also includes reception centerpieces, flower girl items, bouts: $298.

Invitations– Roughly about $1 per 2 invite (fi designed them, we will print them at a local print shop).  So printing maybe 80-100, so around $50 or so.

Postage– Not sure…didn’t budget for this but it won’t be much.

Wedding programs– About $25.  Printing up maybe 50 or so.

Wedding cake– 4 teirs for $100-$120 (awesome family owned mom and pop type bakery).

Brides wedding attire– Dress is $220 with alterations and new crinoline… however my father oferred to pay for my dress so I am allocating this $200 (I put $20 down) to the DJ that we can now have YAY! 

Accessories –  shoe budget is about $30.  Jewelry for the day should be less than $30.  Tiara was $6.

Grooms wedding attire– Not sure… fi wants this outfit made so I’ll find out tomorrow how much the seamstress will charge for that.

Material for bridesmaid dresses:  not sure yet… forgot to add this to the budget… but not more than $20 I hope.

Bride’s hair and makeup– approx. $100 (that is their bridal pacakage too which also includes a massage, pediure and manicure and facial in that price. SCORE!!!!! 

Photographer– $220 includes full day coverage, 100 printed photos- cd with over 400 pics.

Gifts to the bridesmaids– So far, I spent around $10

Gifts to groomsmen– about $6 (fi has to figure out what else he wants to gift them).

Wedding Bands – less than $50

DJ–  the price to beat is $200 for 4 hours for the reception

Wedding Day helper – will help day before and day of: gifting her about $100

Candy buffet – $50 to $100

Honeymoon – $600 

Total: $3696

Now as for the ceremony, we’re not 100% sure where it will be yet.  If in our backyard, will need to rent chairs.  If at the church, have to figure out waht fees are involved.

Post # 13
2693 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Oh and I do have to buy my son’s groomsman attire and my younger son’s ring bearer outfit… we’ll see how this budget goes.

The topic ‘My $6,000 dollar wedding for 100-150 people’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors