(Closed) My Boss Wants to Give a Non-Traditional Gift $150-200

posted 5 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 4
915 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I would tell him you registered for things you needed and there’s nothing else you need. Why should you have to find another gift for him to give you when there isn’t something you need, especially since he was too lazy to take care of getting you a gift three months ago?

Post # 7
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I like the idea of a bed & breakfast certificate!  That way you can have a nice night or weekend away for the two of you.

Post # 8
872 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@MrsLulu:  What about concert tickets? 

Post # 9
3969 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I don’t get why he has to know “what you want.” He should just gift you cash if he ignores your registry! 

Post # 11
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@MrsLulu:  sounds like a good idea. But how awkward… 

the whole idea of a boss coming to you and being like “I’d like to get you a gift in the 150-200 range, please advise what non traditional girt you’d like you’d like” hopefully was much less robotic/Job assignment like in personal 

Post # 12
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

A crystal bowl or vase from Tiffany.  You can always return it!

Post # 13
3699 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

A SodaStream from Bed, Bath, and Beyond!  It’s super cool.  Or, if you don’t like it, exchange it for something you do want (guessing you can find the same stuff as Macy’s). 

Post # 14
1871 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

How about he just give you a gift card with the amount he wants and call it a day. 

Post # 15
243 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Fancy Dinner!

The topic ‘My Boss Wants to Give a Non-Traditional Gift $150-200’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors