- 2 years ago
- Wedding: December 1969
1. We’re officially “that” couple… “Are you engaged yet?” “No.” She replies bitterly
2. Stop staring at my finger PLEASE… for my sanity
3. He gets mad if I don’t wear my promise ring. I want to toss it into a river! Where are the real diamonds at!?
4. I don’t ask for specific valentines/anniversary/birthday/
Christmas gifts. Please don’t ask me what I want for such and such holiday because the answer will be a ring from now until I have one
5. My birthday and the holidays are approaching, can’t say I’m excited. He’s been researching laptops– not that I’m not grateful but that’s not what I want
6. I design wedding invitations for Pete’s sake! I have to stay happy to create beautiful invitations for other people… It’s getting harder by the month
7. I don’t watch wedding shows anymore because they piss me off
8. Thanks to good ol internet advertising, every time we watch Hulu together we see a wedding commercial because like a impatient waiting bee, I’ve been researching wedding blogs online!
9. We went ring shopping in July… It’s October
10. I’m constantly bringing up this imaginary wedding that we’re planning (colors,music,location) it’s like word vomit, I can’t help it!
11. I’m at the point where I have to constantly tell myself not to bring it up
12. My father calls him my husband and I’ve politely asked him not to do so
13. I’m tired of saying “my boyfriend.” It’s starting to get embarrassing
14. I’ve officially made a Pinterest called “Becoming Mrs Golden.” (Help me)
15. I LOVE Disneyland so ideally I’d like to be proposed to there but our season passes ended so I doubt it’s happening there.
16. He likes when people slip up and call me Mrs Golden (because they see this promise ring made of stones on my ring finger) but I hate being called Mrs. Golden because it’s a constant reminder that I’m in fact still Miss Harris
thanks for making waiting… Harder.
I’m sure many of you know exactly what I’m talking about.