- 6 years ago
- Wedding: November 2012
Hi Bees! I’m so excited to share the final product for my DIY invites. All the designs are finished and printed and I have put together the final package (still have to assemble the rest of them). This was definitely a labor of love and took me many months to complete.
I drew the designs on watercolor paper using watercolor pencils. I chose this medium because I wanted a little more definition with the look of watercolor. When I was finished with the design (after quite a few drafts) I took them to ProPrint Boston. They were AWESOME! They scanned in my drawings and printed them with my dimensions. We had proofs within 3 hours that we could take home and make sure worked. We tweaked the sizing a bit and had the finals all printed and ready the next day. Total cost was $220 including the $30 for scanning with a turn around of less than 24 hours!
I also purchased kraft paper brown recycled pocketfolds and white receycled envelopes from paperandmore.com ($70 for 100 of each including shipping), invitation matting and little leaf tags from cardsandpockets.com ($24 for 80- I had a coupon), green raffia from paper source for $12.00, I had the burlap from another project, and ink and calligraphy pen for $9.
I haven’t purchased the postage yet which will be a little pricey but I am def happy with the total of $335 for 80 complete invites.
And without furthe ado…. here they are!!!! (Sorry for the pic quality- they were taken on my phone.)
The whole package (front and back shown for inserts)
RSVP front and Back
Info card front (Map) and back
Main Invite mounted on green backing
Sitting in pocketfold
Addressed envelope 🙂