Post # 1
I just wanted to share with you info on my DOC (day of coordinator). I had my wedding last Friday on 3/19. Because of our strict budget, our wedding was a DIY wedding. As such, I needed someone to day of the wedding to help me with doing what I wanted to do, but obviously could not do on the day of our wedding. I found my coordinator, Jen Akasaka, who helped me execute everything I had asked her to do.
I had napkins that needed to be folded, with menu cards inserted, wrapped with a paper flower for each table setting, as well as placement of forks, spoons and favors. She also helped me decorate and assemble our escort card tree; set up the guest sign in table/ gift table; during cocktail hour she grabbed the chairs we used for the ceremony and moved them into the reception room (we were trying to save the expense of having to pay for double chairs)…. AND at the end of the night, she helped us tear down the paper lanterns we had hanging, packed all our gifts into out cars, along with the decorations, AND she even packed us some food just in case we were still hungry.
I cannot recommend her enough! She was magnificent to work with and completely streamlined the wedding. There was not one thing I was stressed about– she truly helped in making the wedding PERFECT! Her prices are also realllllly affordable- which again, was nice since we were on a budget. It was welllll worth the money!!
If anyone is interested- she’s located in LA, but my wedding was in OC so I’m pretty sure she travels 🙂 – her info is as follows:
Please feel free if you want to ask me any questions!
Post # 3
This is fabulous! I’m looking for a DOC in LA. Can you tell me how much you paid for her for DOC services and what was included? [email protected]
Post # 4
You should post a review in the vendors section! Then everyone in the OC/LA area looking for a DOC can see it 🙂
Post # 5
@ mblove – I’m not sure how much she currently charges, but I paid about $500 (slight discount b/c I knew her from college and she’s a good friend of a friend). As for what is included- I was able to meet with her twice in person prior to the wedding to go over whatever needed to be discussed. She’s also a good resource for vendors. In terms of what she actually did for the wedding (she did A LOT!):
– rehearsal day – ran through the timeline; practiced the ceremony; did a walk through of the venue so she could get a better idea of what goes where.
-Day of the wedding:
- ceremony & reception set up, including placing all table favors, utensils, folding napkins, inserting menu cards, placed centerpieces, table #s, moved the chairs from the ceremony area into reception room (we recycled the same chairs to save money), placed menus; set up card table; guest book table; escort card table, etc.
- get appetizers ready (i.e. salsa, guacamole, chips, fruit, dips, etc.) and placed them on the appetizer table
- helped guide us through our timeline – made sure we were where we needed to be
- helped with the vendors on the day of- including making sure payments were received
- helped tear down (removal of rice paper lanterns)
- placed all gifts, card box, decorations into my car (and family & friends’ cars)
- helped overall cleanup
I’m sure i’m missing a lot- I literally could go on and on about how much she did. She pretty much took care of EVERYTHING for me. I didn’t have to stress about a thing that day! It was great. She was really great to work with!
@naangel55- THANKS! didn’t think of that! Will totally post this in the vendor section!
Post # 6
@ naangel55: I tried looking for the vendors section, but now sure where I can go to post a new vendor and a review. If you have any advice, I’d appreciate it! thanks!
Post # 7
Awesome, I will look into this!! I am looking for someone affordable who is recommended!