(Closed) My Dress!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You look great in the dress.  I agree about the belt, it really is not needed.  The back looks really pretty.  I have a train that is much too plain for my tastes and wish it looked more like yours.  Again, I have to say you look great.

Post # 5
1508 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

You look amazing! That dress is incredibly flattering and def a no to the belt(at least that belt).

Post # 7
20 posts
  • Wedding: August 2012

The dress looks much better w/o the belt

Post # 8
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

No belt! it takes away from the beauty of your dress, which you look amazing in by the way

Post # 9
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

You look great in the dress.  Dtich the belt – not needed.

Post # 10
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

That dress looks incredible on you, and I agree with you and the others that the belt is definitely not needed!

However, unlike a previous poster, I agree with you about the back. I just…don’t like it. The pick ups (is that what they are?) are awkward and way too over the top and cumbersome for such an elegant, simple (but not plain!) dress. I think it would look amazing if those things could be untacked and left to just flow down the back. It might make the train super long, but (in my mind, anyway, because tailors are magicians), that could be fixed!

My dress had slight pick ups that I wasn’t crazy about and it turned out that they were just folds of fabric tacked up with a simple stitch. The woman snipped them off and we figured out which ones to ditch / keep as she went and it quickly turned into something simpler but much more “right” with the rest of the dress. I have no idea what it would take for the back, or if it’s possible, but I think it would look perfect if it could be let down. 

However (again), I don’t think that the back of it ruins the dress, especially if it’s something that you don’t mind enough to change the dress / find another. So please don’t think that I’m saying it’s not right for you! As I said, I think the dress is absolutely stunning on you!

Post # 11
1839 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

def no belt

Post # 12
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

that dress looks great on you.  very figure flattering.  i would opt for no belt.  it’s really not needed at all with that dress.  spend that money on the veil or shoes instead.

Post # 13
23636 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

You look gorgeous! Agreed – no belt!

Post # 14
488 posts
Helper bee

Oh my gosh!  This dress is amazing!  Don’t you second guess it for a second. Oh, and NO BELT!

Post # 15
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You look amazing in that dress and the dress looks amazing.

I´d never think, that you are a plus size bride. The dress is so flattering for you.

Congrats on that choice.

Post # 16
5423 posts
Bee Keeper

It looks amazing.  I agree with ditching the belt.

The topic ‘My Dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors