My dress.

posted 3 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 2
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

honestly, EVERYONE who wears a strapless straight across gown typicaly has what we call “back fat”… the skin all gets pushed up where the dress tightens to hold it up. I have noticed that dress with a more “v” shape to the back have less cuz it doesn’t push all the skin and “fat” up straight across giving it less of the look. Every dress I tried on that was strapless had this, and it is prety common no matter how skinny or curvy a woman may be, it’s just natural when you’re tightening something to be held up, that skin has to go somewhere!  

Your dress is really pretty though! i love the beading!    

eta: here is a post about it.. sadly you cant see her pictures since the attachments dont show up! 

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/fix-armpit-fat-and-back-fat-with-dress-alterations-not-exercise/#axzz2vL6sgZQz

eta (again): like this beautiful bee’s dress MRsSaltwatertaffy

http://www-static.weddingbee.com/pics/24007/dress2.jpg

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  .
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  .
Post # 3
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Courtney323:  I think of “back fat” when the skin looks squished under the dress…I dont think yours is popping over the dress. 

Post # 4
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I don’t mean to be unkind, but yes, your back seems to be a problem area in that dress. Try a bolero or shrug over it, maybe.

Post # 5
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Everyone with that style of back on a dress will have lumpy skin over the top. Alterations can take care of that, but I don’t recommend a bolero or shrug since they often draw unwanted attention to your problem areas and can make you look bigger.

Post # 8
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I don’t think it looks horrible. I think it looks like what is naturally there with strapless dresses, not, “whoa girl, go find another dress.”  

Post # 7
4223 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Is this altered yet? Are you wearing it with the undergarments you plan to wear? I would get your foundation garments sorted and have it fitted before worrying about it. 

I fail at typing. 

Post # 10
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Courtney323:  did you try a strapless OR a longline bra?  I’m very busty and I found a longline to be more supportive and comfier than a regular strapless 🙂

Post # 12
8518 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

Courtney323:  To echo a PP, yeah, that’s normal with strapless dresses. Even skinny girls can get it.

This is an example as too much back fat. This is me, btw, so I’m not trashing any other bride. This is when I was laced up way too tight, and needed some smoothing out. Ha.

Post # 14
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I would ask your bridal shop or seamstress about the longline bra… the strapless didn’t do squat for me and it sure didn’t hold up all day but the longline did a good job of supporting me and it was way more comfortable. They can get them in all kinds of sizes, my seamstress even altered mine because the cup shape wasn’t quite right for my body or the dress. (This was for a bridesmaid dress a few years back). 

Post # 15
73 posts
Worker bee

Is the dress you already chose?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors