(Closed) My dress – Alfred Sung 8740… But I need advice on the neck line, please :)

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Would you change the neckline?
    Yes, to a deeper sweetheart : (10 votes)
    36 %
    No, it looks fine the way it is : (18 votes)
    64 %
  • Post # 3
    7904 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

It can definitely be altered to a deeper sweatheart. My lace dress had a straight neckline and I had the alteration lady put in a slight sweatheart… no problem. She could’ve taken it much deeper if I had wanted. Your dress is very pretty.

ETA: I personally love the current neckline so I voted to leave it as is, but you should do what makes you happy. I think this dress is currently sexy without being overtly sexy… the deeper the sweatheart, the more obvious the sexiness. It’s your wedding and your vision, though. Do what fits your style.

Post # 4
    349 posts
    Helper bee

That’s a beautiful gown, and it should be no problem for a professional seamstress to deepen the sweetheart.  Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Post # 5
    Hostess
    23640 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

You look beautiful! I actually love the dress just the way it is, but to answer your question, yes it can actually be a deeper sweetheart. 🙂

Post # 6
    1153 posts
    Bumble bee

Beautiful dress!! It looks absolutely stunning on you!

I like the neckline the way it is. The dress is very soft and ethereal, so I prefer the current neckline rather than a harsher one. But it wouldn’t ruin the dress.

Post # 7
    1514 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

@BP2Be:  I love your dress!  The bottom is really different (at least I’ve never seen anything quite like it).  It looks so elegant and classic with the lace, but the bottom takes it up a notch to glamorous.  Gorgeous (and gorgeous on you)!

In response to your original question, though, I’d leave the neckline as is.  A deeper sweetheart could look really nice, but I think the current neckline fits the dress quite well.  If you would prefer the deeper sweetheart, though, go for it!  It will be beautiful no matter what you do!

Post # 9
    7904 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

@BP2Be:  Thanks. My alterations person had a collection of flowers that she had collected over the years when she removed them from other sashes and dresses and things and she put it on a sash for me and didn’t even charge for it. 

I think because yours is so narrow that it isn’t too blingy, but keep looking if you want something else. Etsy has some absolutely stunning floral sashes.

Post # 11
    3589 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2000

@BP2Be:  Pretty dress, and it’s interesting how the lace softly segueys into ruffled chiffon. Love it! The neckline is nice as is but would look nice with a deeper sweetheart cut.

Post # 12
    1514 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

@BP2Be:  Haha, the seaweed thing made me laugh!  Smile  I know ruffles are definitely not for everyone, but I personally love them.  I think this dress is great because it’s ruffly without being over-the-top.  

The topic ‘My dress – Alfred Sung 8740… But I need advice on the neck line, please :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors