(Closed) My Dress has arrived…my wedding is in June 2010.

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2004 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

No, don’t worry! It’s normal to have second thoughts and regrets when you have such ample time to mull things over. Just don’t let yourself get tempted into questioning your decision. I am sure you bought a beautiful dress!

Post # 4
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2009

A similar thing happened to me.  I ordered my dress in December 2007 and my wedding was originally October 2008.  By April, we decided to postpone for an entire year.  My dress came in to the store in May 2008.  I have had it at my sisters house since then (the store wouldn’t store it there) and tried it on twice – once to see how it fit, and once after hair/makeup trial.  My only issue now is that the dress was purchased for an indoor, formal ceremony and we are now doing it all outdoors in a backyard.  Just make sure you have somewhere to keep your dress if your store will not hold it for you.

Post # 5
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I stressed out because I bought a dress at the second dress shop I went to on my first day (and only) of wedding dress shopping. I still resist the urge to look at dresses and my wedding is only 2 months away.

Totally normal. Just try not to look at too many dresses! 😉

Post # 6
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I totally understand and can relate…my wedding was supposed to be in December 2007 (yep! that feels like 2 years ago). Unfortunately life got in the way, my mom fell sick and had a huge surgery, then all the sudden so many key factors (we’re from 2 different countries), so many people effecting the decisions.

And then March 2008 seemed to work out…but it didn’t happen. Then it was December 2008 but the recession hit us and I had to change my job bla bla…next thing we knew we were talking about the wedding to be sometime in the begninng of 2010. AND now it’s being moved to May 2010…I won’t be surprised if it ends up being in December 2010!

I bought my dress(es) really early in the game when I was still so excited. The more time we have the more people started to have opinions and changed their minds…so now I’m stcuk with 2 dresses I have to sell since of the huge change in location and style of the wedding..if I ever have one!

What I learned was if I brought up the dress discussion to anyone (my mom, dad, fiance, girl friends) there will always be changes because it’s like fashion…there’s always something that "seems" newer and better. If you found the dress you loved and don’t want to change your mind, don’t look. I learned the hard way by still going to a sample sale after I already had decided on my dress!

Good luck!

Post # 7
2634 posts
Sugar bee

My dress came in on Monday and my wedding isn’t until Sept 2010!!  I tried "her" on again, and let me tell you – I fell in love ALL over again!  Try your best not to look at any other dresses or start to imagine "what if" you got another dress. 

Also – if you haven’t tried her on yet – do it!  I bet you’ll fall in love again too.  Good luck!

Post # 8
3332 posts
Sugar bee

I think it’s totally normal to wonder about other dresses a little after you order yours, especially when you have a lot of time to mull it over.  I know I started to wonder if I should have tried more dresses on, even though I loved mine.  I think if you loved the dress when you ordered it, you will love it again when you finally get to wear it!  Just hang in there!!

The topic ‘My Dress has arrived…my wedding is in June 2010.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors