(Closed) My dress is on a website for £700 under the price I've been quoted! Help

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3148 posts
Sugar bee

@Nic-ed:  Are you sure the website isn’t a “knock off” website? I saw a lot of these when I was searching for my dress. The website seems fishy to me.

Post # 4
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MRSsrm85:  Agreed…what site is this dress on? I’ll bet anything that it’s a knock off site.

Post # 6
11352 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Based on the conversion from pounds to US dollars, the price you are paying in the salon does not sound excessive, and, like prior posters noted, I would be concerned about pursuing a new (and not previously owned) dress from a source that is offering it for that much below what the dress would normally cost. 

Beyond that, if you’ve already signed a sales agreement with the bridal salon and paid your deposit, I doubt that you could cancel your order or obtain a refund now.

Purchasing a dress from a reputable bridal salon provides some measures of protection that you would not have with some online sites.  The bridal salon likely has an established and positive relationship with its vendors. If there are any problems, the store would likely intervene on your behalf. The store also likely provides access or referrals to trusted and experienced alterations personnel.  When you order a dress online, you’re usually on your own to try to find someone to alter your dress.

I would not worry about what you saw and would advise against doing anything rash to try to save money, because it could end up creating some problems for you that you may not have anticipated.

Post # 7
3148 posts
Sugar bee

@Nic-ed:  I don’t think they are legit. You should google “Persun dresses review.” Like you’ve stated, some people gave great reviews but there are others who were completely disappointed. I’ve looked up Allure dresses and they seem to start right around $750 USD so even at the price you saw, it seems very low. I would prefer to either get the real thing or order it from a reputable replication website like Jasmine’s Bridal than risk it.

Edit: I just saw on the second link of the google search that they were added to the knock off formal wear list. Search “Per sun dress reviews” instead of persun.

The topic ‘My dress is on a website for £700 under the price I've been quoted! Help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors