My dress! Pictures Mori Lee 5104 in Light Gold

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
279 posts
Helper bee

You look gorgeous. It may get dirty, certainly, but any long dress will when you’re outside. I think it is completely aproriate and so flattering! Not sure about a sash though- you’re so petite I think it might cut you off and also distract from the detailing right above the flare in the skirt.

Post # 4
636 posts
Busy bee

Wow, love that dress!! The colour of your dress is great, too! 

I vote for no sash… I think the dress already has a lot going on (in a good way) and a sash would take away from it and/or make it look too busy. It looks amazing as-is (and remember that you’ll be adding jewelry and holding a bouquet too)

Post # 5
193 posts
Blushing bee

I think your smile says it all.  Dopnt worry about not spending a lifetime looking for the right dress – did you go through a 250 guys to get to the one you are going to marry?  Its okay to settle on anything with lesser numbers LOL love the detailing, and the ruching and please dont get a sash; you are petite and i wouldnt want it to be all about the sash first, then bride – youre beautiful enough ! That dress fits your frame, you dont look overwhelmed in it, most importantly you look amazing in it! Ps my daughter was an ex college gymnast, 5’1, tiny thing like you, and we had a wonderful outdoor wedding in June with white tents in one of our hayfields…her dress was a provonias and was ruched just like yours, in raw silk (light gold too!) with a ruffled bottom… IT HELD UP BEAUTIFULLY! That ruching is perfect for handling the outdoors – she had ribbons sewn inside so when it came time for dancing (dad built a 20 x20 dance floor lol) all we had to do was tie the colored coordinated ribbons to each other and then the train was up in back – looked great… SO please keep your dress – its gorgeous on you 🙂

Post # 6
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

LOVE this dress! You look amazing! Forget the sash and just rock it!

Post # 7
3394 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I think it’s gorgeous, particularly the colour! If anything, it’s a better choice than white because any dirt or marks will show up less with the champagne shade. And it won’t be as bad as you’re imagining, unless we’re talking about a ton of mud and rain…in which case, the only style that’s not going to get dirty is one that doesn’t touch the ground. And the dirty bits will be the underskirt of the dress anyway, which people can’t see. 

With regard to your concerns about it making you look short/swamping you, I assume they are going to make the dress to your proportions? If so, I’m guessing they’ll raise the point where the dress goes into the ruffles, so it hits you at the right level and doesn’t make you look short.

Post # 8
2595 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Gorgeous – the colour is so flattering! And I don’t think it needs a sash – you don’t need it to define your waist and it might detract from the ruching and other details.

As the PPs have said, all dresses will get dirty outdoors, but this one may be better than most due to the colour (I also think the texture will be more forgiving to dirt than a plain skirt would.)

P.S. I love the photo of your son trying to crawl into your dress – so cute!

Post # 9
117 posts
Blushing bee

I love this dress on you. You look stunning !

Post # 10
295 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Absolutely stunning!

Post # 11
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@SweetPea14:  I chose and purchased my dress within a super short time as well. Don’t worry! You look wonderful! I’m also having an outdoor wedding…in an actual campsite so dirt, dirt, and more dirt…I got a really white dress and just expect it to get dirty, lol. I vote no sash…I think that it looks wonderful without it and there is also some sparkle where the two fabrics meet and I think that’s enough.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors