(Closed) My FIRST 11.11.11 Bummer…

posted 8 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Ugh I hate disappointment! It sucks! Hopefully something you love just as much if not more comes along!

Post # 5
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

oh no!!  i’m hoping for that date too and we’re going to look tomorrow.  here’s hoping.

Post # 6
1545 posts
Bumble bee

oh i am sooo sorry!!! i am booking my tonight (hopefully i am so scared of this committment!!!!) we are booking it at a venue downtown houston. they are charging us for a saturday night that sux!!!

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee

At my venue they seemed to think I was a bit crazy to book so early, but I thought 11.11.11 would be a popular day! I’ve already had one person say that their cousin is getting married on the same day! 

Post # 10
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

You should probably make it more about the venue than the date. I’m sure that this early, you could easily book that venue for the weekend before your date. What is really more important – a couple of numbers none of the guests will remember, or a view of the city that will blow everyone away? Easy choice.

Post # 11
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We are ‘trying’ for 11.11.11 as well although there are a place or two that I was hoping to be contenders that are already booked on that day.  I’m not completely *in love* with 11.11.11 although I do like that its quirky and unique.  My opinion is that if we find the perfect place at the perfect price and the 11.11.11 is already booked then we will have to come up with a back up date! I guess my point is, dont sacrifice your ‘dream or vision’ just for a date.  Good luck!

Post # 13
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’m an 11.11.11 bride (engaged since May 2009). We’ve just started the process of booking things and I CANNOT BELIEVE that not many people (at least in this area) haven’t caught on to that date yet. I believe it has to do a lot with the weather in upstate, NY…. and many brides don’t want to chance it. We could very well end up with two feet of snow on the ground, and I’ve stalked the farmer’s almanac back to 1997 to try to get an idea. Rain and temp’s between 30 F and 50 F seem to be the average. I still love the date and will be celebrating that day come hell or high water or high snow! So far our number one choices for reception venue, photographer and DJ are all available on that date. We will be setting things in stone within the next few weeks before other people start to catch on.. if they are brave enough! Good Luck 11.11.11 brides <3

Post # 14
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Oh bummer!  Consider it a sign that an even better venue is down the road!!!

Post # 16
9 posts
Newbee

Im a 11-11-11 bride in houston, tx. We booked our venue already and i have only been engaged for a month….2 venues that we looked at were already booked for that day so we knew we had to make a decision quick when we decided the date. November in houston is the perfect time for a wedding, and with it being all the same number we knew it was going to be popular! Good luck and happy hunting with the venue!

The topic ‘My FIRST 11.11.11 Bummer…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors