(Closed) My FMIL Just Sent Me a Nasty Email & She’s Visiting Next Week

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
3452 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Ugh!  How frustrating!  Hopefully, it won’t be so bad when she visits.

Post # 4
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I don’t think that sounds particularly nasty, likely just miscommunication and possible frazzled nerves. Travel stresses people out. Just be nice and brush it off, the last thing anyone needs now is tension.

Post # 5
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I agree with @KatyElle:. Don’t make too big of a deal out of it.

Post # 6
46219 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Luckily she has time to change her flight.

Post # 7
598 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I understand that you are frustrated. But I don’t feel like the tone of the email was nasty.  Perhaps there are other issues at foot?? My advice to try to keep things in perspective and perhaps there was a miscommunication somewhere rather than a diliberate act.  She will be in your life for a long time, just try to remain calm when you discuss this issue with her.

Post # 8
5758 posts
Bee Keeper

Wow. You think that’s nasty?! I see nothing wrong with it at all. She just has to rearrange her flight, but she certainly wasn’t being nasty.

Post # 9
1284 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I don’t think she was being nasty either…

Post # 10
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

The problem with non verbal forms of communication such as emails and text messages is that you cannot always tell the ‘tone’ of it.

I’m sure that your Future Mother-In-Law did not mean anything nasty by her message and it may be that she is disappointed and frustrated that her flight means she might miss the rehearsal dinner.

As @KatyElle said, just be nice and I’m sure everything will be fine.

Post # 11
2416 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Can she easily change her flight? I hope so! Frusterating on both ends!

Post # 13
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

@KatyElle:  I concur with this, it doesn’t sound ‘nasty’. 

Post # 14
2263 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Nasty is my in laws telling us they were no longer going to plan or pay for any rehearsal dinner because they didn’t feel like it. I understand why you would be upset but I admit it doesn’t sound nasty to me because of all I’ve been through with my in laws. I’d say let it be 😉 focus on yourself and if others are stressed or seem catty, don’t let it get to you. It may not even be on purpose. 

Post # 15
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Some flights cant be changed- unfortunetly.. I know this from some experiences.. But IMHO- I dont find this nasty whatsoever..

The topic ‘My FMIL Just Sent Me a Nasty Email & She’s Visiting Next Week’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors