My intro. Soon to be engaged, a new-bee. Any 3.50 ring size Bees out there?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3112 posts
Sugar bee

@amethyst85:  I love side baguettes like that!  So timeless imo!  And I also decided on Palladium 🙂

My SO and I have agreed that if the stone looks too small, then we will upgrade.

That sounds like a hassle to me, plus you won’t want to ship off your ring as soon as you get it.  What I did (and what I strongly advice you to do) is I went to many many B&M stores to get a feel for the size I wanted (I’m upgrading–though I hate that word–from a 1/2 Moissy).  It took me weeks to realize that a 1.25c round Classic (unenhanced) Moissy is perfect for me!  Not that I got to try on any Moissy’s; you just don’t see those in stores here.  So go shopping and figure out what’s right for your finger!

I’m worried it will be too busy on my small hand.

I really wouldn’t worry about that.  Once you pick the perfect ring for you, it will look just right.  I think you could easily go to 1c and it would look fine (unless that’s out of your budget).

We plan on visiting a local shop, probably the only one in the city, that sells Moissanite. …since I’m still hesitant on making such a large purchase online, sight un-seen (technically)

I am ordering online because no one here sells Moissy.  But even so, the savings would still sway me that way.  Order in a B&M if that makes you feel more comfortable, but just know that TONS of Bees order online and are very happy with their rings (and plenty of Bees are disappointed with their B&M).  I’m not telling you have need to order online, I’m just saying that it’s really normal here on the Bee to do an online purchase.

Hope that wasn’t too much advice!  Good luck and congrats!

Post # 5
2731 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

My fingers are about a size 4, but I keep my rings bigger. This is not a half carat its the size of a 2 carat. I just want to show what a bigger stone will look like. This way you can figure out the middle ground if no one else posts.

Post # 6
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@amethyst85:  welcome to the hive!  i love the ring you chose. I tried on the very same. I ended up getting it but with an emerald cut centre stone, also half carat (.54).  I think .50 ct will look great on you. Cant wait to see pics on uour hand. 

@ceebree:   Just wanted to say that i LOVE your profile pic!  I keep meaning to tell you everytime i see it. So cute!!

Post # 7
3112 posts
Sugar bee

@Karebearry:  Awww, that’s so sweet!  A hipster cat…doesn’t get any better than that!!

Post # 8
4494 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I putt my 6.5mm centerstone halo on my size 4 pinky.

Post # 10
1743 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I wear a 3.5 and have a 1ct diamond.  It is a solitaire, but I don’t think it looks huge at all.  I think if you put a 1/2ct stone with those baquettes and heavy prongs, your center stone is going to be lost.

My engagement ring and wedding bands (I have two micropave bands–I wear this as a 3-ring stack) had to be special ordered.  They couldn’t be sized down enough.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors