my lazaro 3201 – liner issue!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
507 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Stevens Estate

I’m a Lazaro bride! The boutique I bought my dress from ordered a liner for my dress. Honestly, I don’t remember what color..I think ivory? I tried the dress on without the liner cause that’s how the floor models come. It was too see through for my liking. I think you should deffinately add a liner and if you like that see through illusion just get a nude one. Without one I think you would be able to see to much..especially with pictures or in certain lights. I just remember I could see my underwear when I tried it on without one lol. 

Post # 3
1214 posts
Bumble bee

My daughter wore Lazaro 3259 in sherbet with no additional liner. She did get longer stays and bra corset sew in.  It was fine and not too sheer at all.  The bridal shop asked her if she wanted a liner but they said she didn’t really need it.  They said some people just feel better if they think it has one.

Post # 4
1214 posts
Bumble bee

Oh yeah, just wear skin colored undergarments.  There are all different shades of nude.  Just be sure to get one that matches your skin tone, then the sheerness looks the same from top to bottom of the dress.  All she wore was a longline spanx thing but it wasn’t near as thick as spank.  She was really picky about the color and the waistband.

Good luck!

Post # 7
1926 posts
Buzzing bee

Are you sure that bride you say has no liner actually doesn’t? It looks like it’s backed with a nude colour. I  would do that just for comfort and peace of mind.

Post # 9
1214 posts
Bumble bee

jMariie:  I think you misunderstood me.  She did not have an extra liner, she only wore a spanx like undergarment but made sure it matched her skintone so that it didn’t show through as a different color.  These Lazaro dresses are not that see through.  It’s like wearing a color under white.  It will show if you don’t wear your skin color.  They are not nearly as sheer as the Pnina’s they show on SYTTD.

Good luck, you will look beautiful!

Post # 10
405 posts
Helper bee

I think the pictures of the other brides in your OP do indeed have a liner, it is just a darker/more skin toned fabric so that there is a contrast with the white/ivory lace. 

Post # 11
1214 posts
Bumble bee

This is without an extra liner at the bridal shop.

Post # 12
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Wow that dress is beautiful!!!

Post # 13
79 posts
Worker bee

I’m wearing the 3201! I’m wearing it unlined but wearing nude spanx (that goes to midthigh) underneath. I tried on a bunch of other options and i could see the line on everything else. hope that helps!

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Maybe bring a pair of Spanx with you to your first fitting to see how you feel about the way it looks and go from there. I don’t know how much they would charge you to add a lining, but I feel like that might cost more than a pair of Spanx? Regardless, that dress is stunning and you will be beautiful on your big day! 🙂 

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

I am wearing the 3201 and I don’t think that mine has a lining…I will just be wearing nude underwear underneath. I went in for my first fitting and the nude underwear I had on had a tiny orange bow and it was very noticeable so I am hoping another pair will work. I had thought about wearing spanx but honestly I think it looked better with out them. I feel like they always tend to roll down right under my bra line and I find myself pushing my tummy out more bc I am uncomfortable. I can’t imagine wearing them all night and trying to go to the restroom but that is just me. If you feel comfortable in them I would totally go that route to save some $$ on the lining alternations. I will post pics of my next fitting in a couple weeks if you are still wondering!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors