- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
So I decided to buy a wedding dress online. I figured if I spent around 300.00 and it was okay but needed some changes I could have a seamstress fix those things. And if once I received the dress it was a total rightoff I could still go buy the authentic maggie sottero- ella marie Gown. I received my dress in the mail yesterday and tried it on. Now im just not sure what to do. The dress is nice buts its not my dress yet. I have found a good seamstress and im thinking she would need to do the following.
1. lengthen the white satin material under the tulle of the skirt, as I like the white fabric to be as long as the lace on the dress. My mom says this is not too hard to do, so im not too worried about this.
2. I hate seeing the seam at my waist and really I would like it to be dropped down to my fingertips. Not sure how possible this is.
3. The sweet heart needs to be cut deeper, an easy fix
4. The dress needs to be made smaller, my mom has tied it as tight as she can and its all puckering in the rib cage.
5. more boning needs to be added.. which I expected and the seamstress says most chinese dresses need to have additional boning added.
The lace on the dress is lovely especially along the bottom of the dress. I love lace. The beading was all hand sewed on and looks good. The stiches of the dress are all very professional looking. Its very well put together.
Even if I spend hundreds of dollars on a seamstress it will still be cheaper than the ella marie authentic gown.
so… big decision do I go to the seamstress and get it altered, do I try another chinese dress maker and hope or do I spend more money than I want to on the maggie sottero authentic dress.
The first photo is the authentic maggie sottero- ella marie gown.
The next photos are of me in the chinese dress.
[attachment=1710191,211323] [attachment=1710191,211324] [attachment=1710191,211325] [attachment=1710191,211326] [attachment=1710191,211327]