(Closed) My sister is a bridezilla 100%

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m not really understanding what she is doing that is so high maintenance. Just ask her for her wedding invitation list and invite the females on the list. She really shouldn’t have a hand in it other than that.

You’re her MoH but you’re saying it’s not fair that you are doing the work for her shower, have you asked your mother, her MIL, or an aunt for help? I’m pretty sure my MoH is the one who planned my entire shower.

It sounds like you are overwhelmed with your own wedding and her wedding being so close is just too much on you.

Post # 5
5902 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

yeah, i’m also not sure how she’s being too demanding here. if anything, she probably needs extra support right now since so many people have declined these pre-wedding parties and she might be feeling sad.

Post # 7
1154 posts
Bumble bee

Wanting a shower is being a bridezilla?  

I’m not having a shower for various reasons and even think showers are overkill but even I think there’s nothing unreasonable about wanting one and being sad that people don’t want to come and your own MOH is not excited about it but seems to hate it. 

There’s nothing wrong with your sister because she’s not like you.  Being low key is great but it’s not a freaking requirement and people aren’t bad people or being mean if they aren’t low key.

Also aren’t the mothers and aunts and grandmothers coming?  That would make a nice small group no?

Post # 8
235 posts
Helper bee

I definitely think this is the other side of the coin for those threads with brides being upset that their maid of honors aren’t throwing them a shower.  As her MOH and because of your love for her as your sister, wouldn’t you want to throw her a shower to wish her well on her wedding?  I don’t think she’s being demanding, I sure wouldn’t want my family and bridal party to think that of me just cause I wanted one.  I never had to ask for it though, they planned everything without me knowing and I just had to show up.  The bride is already planning so much for the actual wedding and these extra events are usually thrown out of love by the women in the brides life, is that really being demanding?

Post # 9
13102 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m with Ms. Meowerson – it isn’t unreasonable at all to want to have a bridal shower.  Just because you don’t want a shower for your wedding doesn’t mean that it is wrong of her to want one for hers.  And if I were her, I’d be needing some major comfort and support (potentially from my sister/MOH) if that many people declined both my bachelorette party and my shower.  That’s just a punch in the gut.

Post # 12
1288 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union

I had nothing to do with planning my shower. The planners asked my mom for the guest list to the wedding, they made their own list, and checked it with my mom. Since you’re her sister, you should be able to know who to invite!

I think it’s pretty unfair to call her a bridezilla — nothing you said implied to me that she was being demanding or hard to deal with.

Are there any other bridesmaids? Maybe they’d rather do these things and you can ask them for more help.

Post # 13
612 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Meh, I think bridal showers are silly actually and I don’t want one. I do think she is slightly being a bridezilla because she refused to make up her mind about a shower or not until it was almost last minute. THAT would make me mad, but not the fact she wants a shower.

Post # 15
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Anela Garden Chapel & Japanese Cultural Center, Honolulu

would inviting female family members be an option?

The topic ‘My sister is a bridezilla 100%’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors