(Closed) My venue holds 165 and we invited 185… :-/

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
3618 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Don’t worry, it’s very unlikely everyone will say yes. We could comfortablly fit 170 and we invited 210. Our final count is 167 so it will work out. Don’t worry.

Post # 4
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

they wont all show ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Typically 25% RSVP they can’t come and another 10% no show on the day of the wedding. You’ll for sure be fine. A lot of people didn’t end up bringing guests to our wedding, which cut our number way down.

Post # 6
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@sweetpea87:  well that was a bad idea, but you can’t change it now.  Chances are you’ll get 20 declines, so don’t worry too much.  You’re going to have to be really strict about plus ones too.

Do you have a DOC?  When guests haven’t responded after your deadline, they may show up anyway… can your DOC deal with them?  

Post # 7
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Don’t stress yourself out just yet. Your bound to get some declines and until you have majority of your RSVPs back dont worry about it. And if the count is still high, talk to the church coordinator about alternate options.

Post # 8
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We worried endlessly that more people would RSVP than what we budgeted for, but in reality we had several people decline for various reasons. Especially if you have any of out of town guests, 20 declines out of 185 seems conservative to me for declines–that’s about 10% of your total guests, which is usually on the low end of estimates for how many RSVP no.

I would think you’d be okay and I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you!

Post # 9
2106 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Yikes.. talk about unnecessary added stress! Talk with the venue. You might be able to add a tent or something to increase the size of the venue.  Otherwise, you could potentially take back the invitation of children if you didn’t explicitly invite them. 

Post # 10
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I wouldn’t worry, because you will get some no RSVP’s, especially if you have a lot of out of town guests. I invited more people than I could fit in my venue, because I was reassured that at least 10 of them wouldn’t be able to make it. They just wanted the invite to feel included. 

Post # 12
1249 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Hah!  We are doing our reception at the church, too.  Don’t worry – we invited over 300, and 115 are definitely coming.  We can fit 144, so we have room for people that “forgot” to tell us they were coming.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I wouldn’t worry too much about it.  I’m sure you will get at least 30 – 40 declines, especially from Out of Town.

Post # 13
5 posts
  • Wedding: December 2011

We invited 250 and it looks like we will be around 200.  I hope we don’t dip under because our minimum is 200!  I think you will be okay ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘My venue holds 165 and we invited 185… :-/’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors