- 4 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
So, I am no longer Mrs. Estey to be, but full-blown Mrs. Estey! 🙂 I really can’t complain about my wedding – Only one thing really bothered me. But I wanted to share a few funny points from the day.
- The music got a little messed up for the bridal party and myself. We chose “Overjoyed” by Matchbox 20 for the bridal party. Unfortunately they started playing the song when the mothers were lighting the unity candle so by the time it came for the last two bridesmaids to walk, the song had ended and gone into MY song, which was “Can’t Help Falling In Love by Elvis. About 30 seconds in, the song stopped abruptly, and Overjoyed started… haha. Oh well.
- When we went to sign what we thought was the license/registry (more on that later) my now husband knocked the table and one of the candles fell off. Our photographer snatched it up with lightning speed and placed it back in its holder. Only to fall again 😛 Our pastor made a quick joke, while the the rest signed.
- It wasn’t until after the ceremony that we were made aware that the license/registry was missing. And that if we didn’t find it, fill it out etc. in 5 days we’d have to do the witness thing all over again. Sigh. I had left it at the venue – in an official envelope, in plain sight. But it still got thrown in the trash! Thankfull it was found. A little worse for wear. But we got it all sorted out about 3 hours after the ceremony 😉 We got some fun pictures out of that one hahaha.
- I did not at all expect my hubby to do anything special before the wedding. But as we were getting ready to head out and start our pictures, his sister, one of my BM’s handed me a card. On the outside was a metal token that said “good for one kiss”. The card was beautiful, with a hand written note from him. It was all I could do not to cry. Those close to me were convinced they would see me cry that day but I was determined to show them wrong 😉 My goal had always been to get HIM to cry.
- I made him cry! 😀 As my dad gave me away, they shook hands, and went in for a giant hug. I could see he was shaking. As we walked down the aisle, he broke down 😀 I don’t like to see a man cry, but I had just won. I was over the moon 😉
- And lastly! My dress. Loved it, but I knew after I had gotten laced up that something didn’t feel right. Turned out the dress was tied too tightly. The steel boning actually bend at the waist. So the dress looked pinches, the fabrc and beading crinkled up. And my back-fat was spilling out the top of the dress lol 😀 It’s too bad, but all anyone said was that I looked beautiful and happy and ultimately I know that is the only thing that matters.
And there we have it 🙂