- 3 years ago
- Wedding: December 2014
So I can’t stop thinking about names! So far we’re team green – let’s see for how long I can keep my curiosity at bay 🙂
and these are the options I like (my FI is pretty much useless at suggesting names and just says he likes whatever I like)
– Mila: it’s my favorite name for a girl since I was 12. I like that it has never been that trendy (not sure how it’s fairing right now), it’s short and starts with an ‘M’, like my own name. In Spanish, it’s short for the name ‘Milagros’ which literally translates to ‘Miracles’.
– Valentina: I’m hispanic and I’d really like a Hispanic name (my FI is American and my baby will be American and raised here, I would like for it to have a permanent connection to my roots/identity via its name if possible) However most of Hispanic names, I have heard my whole life (so there’s no uniqueness to them) or are too hard to pronounce/spell in English. Valentina is one of the very few names that I can’t associate to anyone growing up – strangely I’ve never met one before, and i think it’s pretty easy in a English speaking environment.
– Vivian / Viviana/ Vivianne/ Vivienne: I like Viviana and all of its variations. I think it’s a feminine name and it has a lot of character. I also like that it’s not super popular. I’m NOT into trendy names.
– Celeste: It’s actually the ONLY suggestion my FI has made. It’s my mother’s name. I love my mom dearly but I have never been a fan of naming a baby after a living relative. I’d like for them to have their own unique name. However, I do think it’s a pretty, romantic, vintage-sounding name. It means ‘Celestial’ or “pertaining to Heaven”. I’m growing to like it for my own baby more and more. Especially for a middle name (even though I was never into middle names before!)
for a BOY:
– Max: It’s actually the only choice of name I can think of. Problem is, I don’t really like Maximiliam, Maxwell, Maximus or even Maximo (the Spanish version), I just like Max. I don’t know if it’s Ok to name my LO what’s essentially a nickname. I also don’t love that it’s fairly common.
– Because I can’t think of any other boy names, I have though about masculine versions of some of the girl names I like, in ex. Milo or Valentino.
– I’m open to suggestions!