Post # 1
I’m pregnant and due in October. We have already picked a boys name, which was easy. But we are really struggling with a girl’s name. The only names we like are in the top 10 or so. I love the name Ava. But I don’t want my kid to have to go by their first and last name growing up because there’s so many kids with that name. Also, our last name is in the top 5, so we want to have a slightly unusual name, but nothing too out there. Should we just name our kid what we want and it be too popular or pick something we don’t like? I’m also open to suggestions.
Post # 3
The obvious answer is to choose something you both love. Be that a popular name or an unpopular one. I personally wouldn’t want to name my kid a very popular name, but that’s just me! Here is a list I found on BabyCenter.com that has alternatives to the top ten names if you want to take any of them into consideration.
- Sophia Alternatives: Sonia, Safia, Saphira, Soleia, Sophina, Josephina, Serena, Sadie
- Emma Alternatives: Ella, Etta, Jemma, Emaline, Emmalyn, Emilia, Ina, Amma
- Olivia Alternatives: Livia, Ola, Olive, Oliviana, Lucia, Vivienne, Leila
- Isabella Alternatives: Bella, Izzy, Mariella, Isabeth, Isis, Savilla, Annabell, Arabella
- Mia Alternatives: Maia, Malia, Mara, Marli, Maci, Amia, Alia, Amelia, Bria, Lia
- Ava Alternatives: Avery, Eva, Avalon, Avaya, Avanna, Avaline, Avangeline, Alla
- Lily Alternatives: Lilianna, Lilian, Lucy, Lila, Letty, Lilya, Lilybeth, Lilyanne, Leila
- Zoe Alternatives: Noe, Posey, Josie, Zara, Zaya, Zia, Ziva, Zadie, Zailey, Zoelle
- Emily Alternatives: Amelia, Amity, Beverly, Camille, Ember, Emerson, Emery, Everly, Reilly
- Chloe Alternatives: Chloea, Chloeann, Clarissa, Claudia, Cleo, Cleora, Cleta, Clora
Choose whatever you love!
Post # 4
Name your kid what you want! It’s really not the worst thing to have a common name – they are popular for a reason. You might try searching to see what’s popular in your area as opposed to nationwide – there is a difference!
Post # 5
Name your kid what you want!!!!
Post # 5
So you want Ava, but with a twist?
Then I bet you would like Aveline? (French) Pronounced: Ahvehleen