(Closed) Need advice – job offer *long*

posted 7 years ago in Career
Post # 3
Member
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

That’s tough. I’m bumping this for you 🙂

Post # 4
Member
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

I would wait until you’re offered a job before you contact the other people. They could say, oh well, we’ll find someone else who likes our price. And then the other job says, sorry we can’t hire you. Then you’re still unemployed 🙁

Post # 5
Member
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

That’s a tough call. I too was offered a job at a much lower pay rate and had to take it due to the economy. I would say hold off though because you are more qualified for the second job and it seems like you would be happier with it. I am not sure if you should call and what to say. Definitely write a thank you letter to Job 2 saying how excited you are for the opportunity, etc. Talk to your DH for advice. Best of luck!

Post # 6
Member
5985 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would call job 2 and tell them that you got another offer but are more interested in their position. 

Post # 7
Member
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@kperry3: I don’t know if she can wait because they gave her until tomorrow to decide.

 

You should get at least a week to decide, that’s just common courtesy.

Post # 10
Member
2233 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think if you’re looking more for a career and it’s not imperative that you find something this instant then I would wait to hear from job 2. 

If you feel comfortable doing it you could also follow you FFIL’s advice and call them and let them know what’s going on. 

Post # 13
Member
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

eeee i hope you get job 2 🙂 good luck!

Post # 14
Member
5985 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Emilylhenderson: yay! fingers crossed for you! make sure you keep us updated

The topic ‘Need advice – job offer *long*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors