(Closed) Need advice on dress… Mori Lee 4524. Picture included!!!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1572 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I actually think your waist looks soo small! I know what you mean though because my engagemnt dress was sort of the same style and right under my waist the matieral just poofed. I think your dress is beautiful!!

Post # 4
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I’m not a Mori Lee bride, but I agree about the skirt poofing out a little too much below the waist (esp. on the left side in the photo). Does it still look like that without the crinoline?

Edit: BTW, I wasn’t suggesting it looks bad on you. It doesn’t detract from the glamour of the dress at all. I really like the bodice shape, too. 🙂

Post # 5
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m a Mori Lee 1601 bride and my dress is very poofy as well, but that is what I love about it.

Yes, yours does poof out under your waist, mine does as well and every single dress I have tried on that was a ballgown with a natural waist did the same thing. It doesn’t look bad at all but because it is a natueal waist, it is going to happen.

I think you look lovely in it and your waist looks super tiny so don’t fret! You will be a beautiful bride!

Post # 6
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Also a Mori Lee Blu bride. I wore the organza version of the 4524 – loved it. Also had a TON of the tulle and lining removed, lol.

Since the 4524 is more of a natural-waist, your figure and waist is actually very defined. You look absolutely lovely – don’t have doubts!

Post # 7
8884 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I think you look fantastic! You look smaller than a size 6, I wouldn’t worry about not looking small. It makes your body look great!

Post # 8
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Oh this was my dress too! I felt like the skirt was enormous when I was in it, but in pictures it did not look huge. You look great in yours–it’s very flattering!

I am also a size 6 (I think my gown was an 8)…WB won’t let me post photos now but you can take a look at my recaps if you’re interested! There is also a very long 4524 thread with tons of brides in this dress…search “mori lee blu 4524” in the search bar.

Post # 10
2699 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I love these posts because it’s nearly always the same thing. The Bee complains the dress doesn’t look good then you scroll down and there’s a picture of some beautiful dress! OP – it’s gorgeous!!

Post # 11
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@September2012:  Aw thanks! No, I didn’t have any crinoline removed. I think it kind of “settled” throughout the night. I felt like a marshmallow in it, but in photos I think it looks much smaller than it felt–it’s probably the case for you too!

Post # 12
Hostess
11299 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think you look beautiful. It doesn’t make you look bigger at all, though I know what you mean with that style dress, but I like them for their girliness, which is why I bet it looks great on you.

The topic ‘Need advice on dress… Mori Lee 4524. Picture included!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors