(Closed) Need advice on postponing wedding 2 wand half weeks off

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
Member
12821 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think you need to sit down and talk to your fiance about this.  Be honest with how you feel, and make sure he knows how serious your mom’s condition is.  Only you two can decide how to move forward from here. 

Sending good thoughts and prayers for your mom’s quick recovery!

Post # 4
Member
3302 posts
Sugar bee

I personally wouldn’t call the wedding off but talk to your fiance. I am sorry all of this is happening right now.

Post # 5
Member
1686 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Okay, it sounds like you are getting married in the Netherlands and then taking your FI’s family to the US to meet your parents?

Would it be possible to go ahead with the wedding and just postpone the US trip until your mom is feeling better?

I’m so sorry that you’ve had so many illnesses (serious ones!) in your family recently. That does make it difficult, but I also don’t think you should necessarily postpone your wedding until everything is right for everyone else; you can’t know what’s coming in the future either, and trying to plan across continents, you could wait forever and still not have a moment when there’s nothing serious going on in anyone else’s life. 

Post # 6
Member
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

That’s a super difficult situation, and you seem very well adjusted under the circumstances.

But, one question: your fiancee’s brother… is married to your fiancee’s sister? Is your fiancee’s brother blood-related to your fiancee’s sister? That’s a bit wild!

*that is all*

The topic ‘Need advice on postponing wedding 2 wand half weeks off’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors