Post # 1
As the wedding draws nearer (AHHH two weeks!), I’m trying to get all my ducks in a row. One duck being tipping. I wanted to ask and see who I should be tipping and how much. Advice appreciated! I have:
- Makeup artist coming to hotel room to do my makeup and 2 BMs. Total cost is $230 for all three.
- Videographer – $600 total charge, paying $300 before wedding, $300 when I get video
- Photographer – $1700 total charge
- Hair updos for myself and two BMs (at the salon). Total cost is $205 for all three and different people are doing hair for each person.
- Limo driver – Contact clearly states a gratuity and the cost of the gratuity. I’m thinking I’m off the hook here?
- Venue – Price per head includes gratuity, again…off the hook?
- DJ – Total cost is $725 for 5 hours. He is the owner of the business and it’s only employee.
Please feel free to share your thoughts.
Post # 3
I’m wondering the same thing right now!
Post # 4
Ooooo I want to watch this thread too! I’m trying to figure out how much cash we need to put aside…..Also how much are you tipping/paying/donating for the officiant?
Post # 5
At the salon, I typically tip 25% – so I’m assuming that will hold at least for hair.
For some of these – the photog, the makeup artist, the videog – are they their own business? If not, I would tip.
Limo driver seems covered by the contract, same with venue.
DJ/own business – that was kind of what I was thinking, if all the money is going to him, then maybe a tip if he does a super amazing job?
Post # 6
Yeah – I plan on tipping the hairdresser what I normally would – maybe a little more since she is coming to the hotel.
The photographer owns her own business.
Our venue has a “service charge” of 20% already added on, but said that is not the same as gratuity, so I’m wondering what we should tip the bartenders?
Also, we’re having a buffet, so hopefully there aren’t extra people to tip as waiters?
The band – I was thinking about $50 per person since there are 5 of them.
Post # 7
I forgot to add that we are having a good friend officiate, so there is no charge. We are gifting him and his wife a suite for the wedding night, though.
Post # 8
I didn’t tip any vendors as they either owned their own company or the price was included. I did however tip makeup artists and hair dressers.
Post # 9
I asked my wedding planner this exact same thing – – she directed me to her blog (she just wrote up an entire thing about tipping) . . .
So Cal Photographer help
Post # 10
That was very helpful – thank you!
Post # 11
I think if you tip by percentages on the more expensive areas, you’ll be handing out a ton of money that day.
We tipped flat amounts at the end of the night~ $100. each to weddingcoordinator ,maitre’d, bartenders, driver (for 9 hrs.), hair & MU
$50. each to servers
DJ & photographer were mailed theirs seperately