- 3 years ago
- Wedding: May 2015
Hey bees, I really need your advice on this situation! FI has accepted a job offer in a city 2 hours south of where we currently live. He will be in training all summer M-F, and we will be apart. It will be hard, but I know we can handle it. My real problem is what to do AFTER the training! He will start working in said city, and will be moving, as a 4 hour commute every day is just not an option. I am still in college, and have one full year left in my program. I work as a manager in a fast food restaurant. Not glamorous work, but it pays the bills. FI will not be making any more money at this new job, but it is the career he wants to pursue. We will still need my full time job to help pay the bills. Our lease in current city ends in July, which is perfect for FI’s move. I’m just torn on if we should both move, and I can transfer schools and hope to find a job, or if I should stay here. FI could get an apartment, and I could move back in to my parent’s basement (I know, I know). Our wedding is in May 2015, right after my graduation, and will be in current city. I feel like planning from 2 hours away might be difficult. Of course, there is also the fear of transferring schools and getting used to a new environment, and the uncertainty of being able to find a job. What do you think, bees?! Should I move with FI in July, or wait until after graduation/wedding in May?!