(Closed) Need Cheap wedding decor for May 5th, 2012 wedding

posted 7 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
1044 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Amanda610:

I was at Michaels the other day, and a lot of their spring stock was at 80% off! I got some flower garlands that were regular $16.99 for $3.35.

Shopping now for next year is a great plan, as stores are clearing out their spring/summer lines for fall.

Post # 4
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

You should post this in the classifieds – maybe brides selling things cheaply would be more likely to see it!

Post # 6
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

check out Dollar Tree for decor items cheap

Post # 8
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

save-on-crafts.com

Post # 9
5273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

What does your venue look like – inside or outside? (this will help me give you specific ideas/ pictures)

Post # 11
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi,

When thinking about cheap you should think about low and small centerpieces that are still eye catching

Like this

And this!!!  <— super pretty

This can give some height to the centerpiece but still be inexpensive

This is a cute inspiration pic with your color palette

I hope this helps!

Post # 12
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Mason jars make great, cheap vases!

Post # 14
382 posts
Helper bee

You can re-use items at your wedding. For your head table, something I did was have the florist put glass vases at varying heights. Then the bridesmaids and I put our bouquets in them. My theme was rustic so, she put some branching wrapping around the vases, but they would look nice with nothing, too. I liked the idea of ‘recycling’ the bouquets.

My florist also suggested recycling pew ends. They can be reused as centerpieces or used as decor somewhere else at reception. Mine did branching with a few flower heads and ribbon. We put them on the gift table.

I like the idea someone suggested of mason jars. Or if you or a family member have any milk glass, glass bottles or vintage tins. Those can all be used as vases. I collect teapots and tea cups and almost used those for centerpieces and table number holders. I would’ve saved a lot of money, if I would’ve done that. But I decided on a more rustic theme.

Simple can be elegant. I love the idea of glass votives at varying heights bunched together with flower heads. Like in this pic below. It saves money on florals. If you just use several flower heads. Or someone could do moss or rocks around them. I loved using moss for our decor.

Post # 16
677 posts
Busy bee

http://www.lunabazaar.com/

They are a website specifically for affordable wedding decor

This is where I got my centerpieces and parasols, and they are super cheap and beautiful, they shipped in 3 days too! I managed to do all my centerpieces for $15 each and the guests took them home.

The topic ‘Need Cheap wedding decor for May 5th, 2012 wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors