(Closed) Need decorating & color ideas

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I’d say you can stick with fall colors, but maybe incorporate some deep purples and various shades of blue into your decor? Some sea green might be nice too as this would accentuate the nautical colors without moving too far from your fall colors. Deep purple, greens and blues in jewel tones are nice accent colors, even turquoise would be lovely. You can add some simple color with touches here and there. Maybe a few colorful paper lanterns will tie the room together? Maybe change your linen colors? You don’t need to go ga-ga with big changes. Small touches here and there will give the effect you are looking for.

Post # 4
355 posts
Helper bee

i would keep it in mind. when you’ve got a very thematic location i think the decor might clash if you go against it. what time is your wedding? maybe you could do navy and pops of yellow? there are so many options…there’s a link to a “color studio” on brides.com. give this a try…

http://www.brides.com/planning/receptions/colorstudio/

Post # 5
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think navy and pops of yellow would go very nicely with your decor.  I’m an Oct. 2010 bride as well and was planning on having my BMs wear brown dresses until we picked out our venus — a restored farmhouse and inn.  Since most of that is all brown, I changed my colors.

Post # 6
336 posts
Helper bee

Orange is gorgeous with blue. So is yellow. Maybe the blue, burnt orange, mustard yellow?

The topic ‘Need decorating & color ideas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors