- 3 years ago
Hi, I’m new to the forum and I’ve learned a lot from reading your posts/comments, etc.! I wanted to get some advice on halo ring settings and probably on the diamond choice too.
BF and I have started looking for rings. I saw a Tacori halo which was absolutely beautiful with very intricately designed sides but the setting itself was over $5k, which I think is too much for a setting. I think a $2k setting will fit the budget better. We’re thinking of keeping it to around $10k for setting + diamond. For the diamond, I think a 1-1.25 carat round, H, VS2, Ideal cut would be good. I have a 3.5-sized finger.
My top halo setting choices now are:
1. Vatche Grace Halo — very beautiful but will be around $3k for a platinum setting
2. Ritani French Set Halo — I’ve tried this one on and I like it but not totally love it. I also think the side view of it is very simple.
3. Simon G Double Halo — Very pretty and I like that it doesn’t look too extravagant even with a the double halo but I’m not sure if I like how the matching wedding band is curved to fit the halo.
4. Simon G Pave Halo — similar to previous one but this one with a single halo
5. Coast Halo — I like how the halo is kind of outlined (I don’t know how else to describe it). I think the contrast with the round diamond is beautiful.
6. RB Halo — similar to the Coast one but with a more vintage feel to it. I like it but I’ve read not very positive comments about RB and I think the maximum carat size is less than one.
I’m attaching some photos for these. I really hope you guys can chime in 🙂
I’m also wondering if any of you hav tried buying a setting from one place and getting the diamond online (say Blue Nile). Who does the actual mounting of the diamond to the setting and what is the cost of that?
Thank you in advance! 🙂
1. Vatche Grace Halo
2 . Ritani French-set Halo
3. Simon G Double Halo
4. Simon G Pave Halo
5. Coast Halo
6. RB Halo
Thanks for reading!