(Closed) Need help finding a venue for 100 or less with dancing!

posted 5 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
551 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I just went onto google and searched venues on weddingwire and the knot and the city parks and rec’s nearby and found a ton of stuff, you just have to spend some time searching and emailing for custom quotes and ways to save at each venue.

We initially had found an upscale bar that we liked, but a few mo’s ago they closed the dance floor downstairs (BUMMER) so that was a no-go…and then we were going to do a city park with a nice room, which would have been fine, but then we ended up finding a special deal (through all of my searches and emails for custom quotes I was on this golf course’s mailing list) (whicih by the way, i would have NEVER signed up for) and got our venue for 75% off!-so-it pays to do some legwork. keep a spreadsheet of who you talked to, is helpful.

There are a ton of helpful bees on here though, so I bet someone will help you out,  Good luck

Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

What about the Burden/Kahn Mansions? They are next to each other on the upper east side (91st I believe). It’s affiliated with Sacred Heart school now, but they do weddings for people who aren’t alumnae.  The woman who coordinates the events is lovely.  We loved it there, but when we got to the party room, we found out it only held up to 120 with dancing, and we need about twice that.  If you’re into the historic mansion look, this one is beautiful.   

The topic ‘Need help finding a venue for 100 or less with dancing!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors