(Closed) Need Help: I am in love with 2 dresses: Mori Lee 1855 1857…

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which is better?
    Mori Lee 1855 : (45 votes)
    61 %
    Mori Lee 1857 : (29 votes)
    39 %
  • Post # 3
    4352 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@beb108:  Its really hard to judge without seeing you in the dresses. I would try on similar dress shapes by the same designer to figure out if you like the dress. I bought my dress used, so I couldn’t try it on before hand. I tried dresses by the same designer that were similar before I bought it and found myself wishing it was more like my dream dress, which is how I knew it was the right dress for me.

If you have a larger chest you might like the second one more because it seems like it covers more, and it has straps so you might be able to wear a regular bra. Personally I like the skirt of the second one better (but probably because its like the skirt of my dress).

ETA: If you like the top of the first one, and the bottom of the second one, you could probably remove the straps and alter the neckline to make it like the top of the first one. Thus combining the dresses.

Post # 4
    4956 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Love the skirt of the first one, but love the straps on the second. Both are beautiful!

Post # 6
    68 posts
    Worker bee

I tried on both, and in my opinion they FIT very differenty. 

I didn’t care for the way 1857 fit me at all, but someone on here just bought it and it’s STUNNING on her. I don’t know if it’s something to do with the skirt fabric or what, but 1857 was one of the least favorites that I tried on and I fully expected to be torn between the same two dresses. 

However, I got 1855 and I love it, so that’s my vote. It fits me great, isn’t as heavy as I expected, and I love the texture of the skirt. 

Good luck. I know of a few places in the Michigan/Ohio area that have 1855 at least. 

Post # 8
    148 posts
    Blushing bee

I just purchased 1855 and it was love at first sight.  I had also liked 1857 but the bridal shop I went to didnt carry it, so i wasnt able to compare the two dresses.  In this picture I’m not wearing the original belt the dress comes with (the bridal shop couldnt find it) but it will come with the dress I ordered.

Post # 9
    270 posts
    Helper bee

i like the first dress better… it seems more bridal to me.  he other reminds me of a pageant.

Post # 10
    130 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

I like the first dress better but it’s hard to say without seeing them on you. 

Post # 12
    703 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Love the first one! Especially in real life! Makes me a little sad I’ve already decided on my own dress;)

Post # 13
    148 posts
    Blushing bee

@beb108:  Thank you, I really love it!  I hope I feel the same way about it in a few months when it arrives *biting nails* Which dress did you decide on? 

The topic ‘Need Help: I am in love with 2 dresses: Mori Lee 1855 1857…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors