(Closed) need help registering for pots & and pans!

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I like non-stick stuff, because food won’t burn to the bottom of it.  However, there are a few issues … like you have to use wooden spoons because metal spoons scrape the non-stick stuff off.  Also, most non-stick stuff isn’t dishwasher safe, so check the label if that’s important to you.  I hate washing things by hand!

Post # 4
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Enamel on cast iron is my favorite – everyone knows Le Creuset but there are other brands out there. Cast iron heats evenly and the enamel minimizes sticking without the nasty non-stick chemicals. You still can’t use metal implements, but I like wood better anyway.

Post # 5
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

We have a lot of Calphalon stuff.  It is really nice but you have to wash it all by hand and like it has been said before, you can’t use metal utensils on it or risk scratching the nonstick coating.

Post # 6
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I prefer stainless steel/aluminum and cast iron. Cuisinart, Le Creuset, All Clad, and Culinary Institute of America all have great options, although Cuisinart is definitely the budget option of the bunch, and my college set – we’re definitely registering for something nicer!

The topic ‘need help registering for pots & and pans!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors