Post # 1
I’m new in this page and I would like to ask for your help with ideas for my wedding. I’m getting married in August and I dont know how to start. I have couple ideas plus will be simple nothing too fancy.This it’s our first marriage for both of us and I want to be unforgettable. Maybe a good clue it’s that he is Mexican and I’m Puerto Rican. We want to mix our cultures to make it different. Please help me.
Post # 3
first and foremost, set a budget. how much are you willing to spend on a wedding? after that, make a guest list.
i suggest registering in weddingwire.com and using their budget calculator. that will give you a rough estimate of how much to assign to each item at a wedding, and you can see everything that you should budget for, and delete anything you won’t be needing/using
after that, with those numbers in mind, is time to start venue-hunting, with things in mind like:
-are you having your ceremonyin the same place as the reception?
-do you want a sit down dinner, a cocktail style reception, a buffet?
-what alcohol do you want to serve and how much does your venue charge?
it’ll start coming together on its own.
Post # 4
Post # 5
@bebero: Thanks for ur help.
- My budget? 10,000 or less. I already have my dress
- My reception- will be the same place of the ceremony
- Guess- less than 60
- Alcohol- No, bec. we are christians
- Colors- ivory and I have hard time deciding between red or light pink w light orange
- dinner- I want a mix light spanish menu. Puerto Rican and mexican food. Also will love to have a candy buffet from both cultures.
- Invitation- I want to use fans. Not paper fans
Hope this info helps
Post # 6
- Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House
@prometidabendecida: Hi date twin! First off, do you have a venue? If so, do they have an in house caterer?
Post # 7
@prometidabendecida: This shouldn’t be too hard! Start googling venues in your area. Email them and ask them about their availability and price per person, and tell them that you’d like puerto rican and mexican food. Also as if they allow outside catering, and if they do, you could start googling caters specializing in that type of food
Post # 8