Oct 5 : (17 votes)
    49 %
    Nov 2 : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    619 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

Im not a fan of the heat…and especially all dressed up in wedding attire. So, I voted for Oct 5th.  Sounds like a good middle ground option and far enough from any holidays

Post # 4
    4956 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I’d probably do October as well due to the heat. Fall is gorgeous for weddings!

Post # 6
    3472 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

Personally, I recommend against holiday weekends, many people like to travel at that time, and it’s just easier if you aren’t trying to plan around other hilidays. 

I do think November would be too cold for an outdoor thing, so I’d recommend either 8/24 or 10/5.  10/5 is less desirable because it’s so close to a friend’s… So, if it were me, I would choose 8/24 and do an early fall theme. 

Post # 7
    2781 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Long weekends should typically not be considered, all your friends and family likely have traditions for holidays or maybe like to use their long weekends for mini trips. No one but you can pick your date, and I think you at this point have to rule out the columbus weekend. As for the labour day weekend its the last long weekend of the summer, many families do have traditions for spending it at the lake or something. Make sure no one would be upset for a long weekend wedding if you go that route, at only 50 guests i’m sure you would be deeply hurt if anyone missed the wedding.

Post # 8
    288 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

If you’re a teacher, I would DEFINITELY do summer! You could take some time off, go on a honeymoon, etc… it’s hard to do that during the school year!

Post # 9
    3771 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I voted Aug 24.. like pp said a long weekend may interfere with family traditions, and I do think 2 weeks away from your friend’s wedding is a little too short.  But as someone else noted, be aware of how hot it will be because if you don’t have something to combat the heat (covered tent, fans, etc.) people may try to hang out in your house or something rather than in your backyard.

Post # 10
    9143 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

Please don’t take away my holiday weekend.  A friend of ours planned an entire Memorial Day weekend wedding and although we like them it was disappointing to spend one of my few work holiday weekends at a wedding.

Post # 11
    425 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I voted August 24. I think Oct and Nov will be too cold in MA. We live in VT right outside of MA and its already getting pretty chilly at night so an outdoor wedding in Oct and Nov could be bad. Plus it snowed last Oct 31st so just be careful in New England during that time.

August or labor day would be my choice. People don’t like holiday weekends but if you want that they will come. Not my favorite but whats one holiday weekend. We will be attending our friends Memorial Day weekend 2013 and are still excited. 

The topic ‘Need help with picking a date 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors