- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2010
Ok so this is the situation (sorry it’s long). Basically I am so friggin fed up with friends and family at the moment. I had my destination bachelorette weekend 3 weeks ago and I had a lovely time, except my FI’s cousin’s wife and I had ‘words’ one night because she got really drunk and said some pretty hurtful and inappropriate things (I’ll list some below):
1. I was talking about my Fiance being in Hong Kong on business and she chimed in with “What’s he doing in Hong Kong, I thought he just pushed paper around an office” **smirk**. I said nothing.
2. My best and oldest friend was walking home without her shoes on (her feet were really sore cause she was wearing heals) and I overheard her say to her Mother in Law (FI’s Aunty), “that’s just complete stupidity”. I said nothing.
3. She was mimicking and making fun of my friend and my accent (I’m Scottish and my Fiance and his family and English). I said nothing.
4. When we got back to our hotel suite, my friend was showing us all how to play a card game and she said “Your playing by Scottish rules, this is black jack and I don’t understand your rules because they’re Scottish rules”. This was the last straw and I said to her, “It has nothing to do with being Scottish or English, it’s just a game”. She just looked at me.
5. 5 mins later she said “I’m bored S***less”, so I said “Well don’t play then”. She then stood up, threw her cards on the table and stormed off to her room.
I spoke to her about it the next day and she said she was sorry she’d upset me but totally defended everything she said. I just put it down to experience and left it at that. She lives about 600miles from me anyway so who cares at the end of the day.
FFWD to weekend just past and Fiance is on his destination bachelor weekend. From my side, my Step Brother, Step Father, Cousin and Friend’s Fiance (same friend with the shoes) all went down for it. My Step Brother got absolutely miraculously drunk and was falling all over the place, which prompted one of FI’s friends to comment that he needed to get control of himself or he was going to ruin the night by not getting into clubs. Next thing my Step Brother is offering this guy outside and calling him a barrage of names! FI’s cousin (the one who’s wife was being obnoxious) then chimes in and grabs my Step Brother’s neck telling him to calm down. Eventually he did calm down and my Step Father took him back to the hotel.
Next day they’re all talking about it and making a fool of him for getting so drunk, so my Step Father takes control and decides to take him home so to avoid any more trouble. Saturday night everyone (expect my Step Father & Brother) go out again and my friend’s Fiance, my Cousin and one of FI’s friends (who was on his own, as he’s not part of any of the group of friends), decide at 2.00am they’re tired and because they’re driving home the next day, they go back to the hotel. Next thing one of FI’s friends is claiming that they left because they didn’t want to pay to get into the club! Which was a lie!
Anyway FI’s back and all the drama with the bachelor and bachelorette weekends is over, but I’m really worried now that something is going to happen at my wedding reception, because people quite clearly cant just keep their mouths shut to avoid causing upset.
Did anyone else have any dramas on the Bachelor/bachelorette parties and if so did is carry over into the wedding party?
I’m just so fed up with the lot of them (there’s been other stuff too, but I’d be here all day if I listed it all) they’re carrying on like children. Fiance and I are blissfuly happy and I love him sooooo much, what’s wrong with these people?!?!?!?!?