- 6 years ago
- Wedding: December 2012
Hi all!! I am new to Wedding Bee, posting at least. I have been reading peoples posts and you all seem so helpful!
I have a couple things I am looking for some guidance on. I purchased Vera Wang VW351029 for my December 2012 wedding. I fell in LOVE with the style of skirt when I saw a bride in the strapless Vera Wang Diana. But, an $8000 dress wasn’t quite in my budget, so when I heard that DB was doing a line, I was so excited!! So here are my questions!
- I’m sure many of you have bustled this dress, what types of bustle did you do? How many points? How did you get it to stay and not come undone? I am a wedding makeup artist, and I have seen time and time again, a large ballgown come unbustled within the first 5 minutes.
- I purchased the dress in a 14 (I’m a 12 normally, hoping to be a small 12 or a 10 by the wedding), I need to do some major alterations… I want to change the way the skirt looks around the waist. I’d like it to be more drop waist, like the strapless VW351011. Am I crazy? I bought the dress larger so that the flange would start lower… I wonder if it is even possible to change? I also don’t like how much the fabric sticks out, so I was thinking of somehow tacking it down?
- How long did your alterations take?
- Did anyone go to a non-David’s Bridal to get alterations done?
- I have a HEAVY sash… should I have them sew it on?
Ok, sorry for all the questions, just figured I would reach out to the ladies that would know best! Attached are some pictures for reference.
Here is me in the dress, I look like a mess because I apparently got really nervous when I picked my dress up and broke out into massive red hives 🙁 The sash weighs at least a pound or more, so I’m thinking I should have it sewn on so it doesn’t slip out of place?
Here is the back of the dress
Here is me in the strapless version, which is how I’d like the top of the skirt around the waist to look… if even possible