Need to Vent after my 8/9/13 DIY Wedding. Warning: Negativity Alert!

posted 3 years ago in Recaps
Post # 3
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@MrsCelticLove:  Go ahead and vent!  It sounds like you had an everything that could go wrong did go wrong day.  But keep in mind that I did have a good day overall.  A perfect wedding is by no means a guarentee of a perfect marriage.  I’ve been to way too many weddings and have known couples who have had everything go wrong and yet they end up with some of the best marriages out there.  Remember you day for the only moment that matters, the two of you saying ‘I Do’.  Don’t already start planning the doom or your marriage, if you want to just think of everything you’ll do differently when you renew your vows.  Until then have a few good crys, vent a bit, and realize that one day does not make a marriage.  We’re here for you to vent to!  Wish you the best!

Post # 4
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

At the end of the day you married a good man, and that is all that matters.

Hope this vent helped you sort some feelings out. This is the perfect place to do it.

Post # 5
2056 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@MrsCelticLove:  im so sorry for everything that went wrong 🙁 but like the above comment said, i bet you’ll have the most successful marriage out of all of them 😉 and you’ll be able to look back and tell your kids about it and hopefully laugh one day. just try really hard to focus on the positives. you got married! yay ! have u got any pictures to share?

Post # 6
8387 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@MrsCelticLove:  *HUGS* So sorry that all this happened on your wedding day. 

Post # 7
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

That’s terrible. But you know what I noticed from your story? You never once mentioned going bridezilla or freaking out at someone. What happened to you sucks, and I am not going to try to dimish that, because if it happened to me I’d be devastated. But your ability to roll with the punches here and do what you had to do without losing your cool will ensure a happy marriage far more than a pretty and trouble-free wedding would.

Post # 8
370 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

You poor thing!  Vent AWAY. Sounds like you had your hands full but still came through it with grace and beauty!Innocent

And I just have to say:  I’m sorry Jesus.  Your blood was a little lighter that day.  

That sentence was one of the most hilarious lines I’ve ever absolutely made me burst out laughing!  All good things come to a bride who can ultimately make light out of a tough situation!

Post # 10
2136 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Oh my gosh…that sounds like a mess! Thank goodness you were able to enjoy yourself somewhat. Congrats on your marriage tho!

Post # 11
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@MrsCelticLove:  Oh honey! You poor thing!! I would have gone FULL ON BRIDEZILLA! Good for you, for keeping it as together as you did. Something we forget about weddings is that it’s really about the marriage not the event! Hard to accept, I know, why do you think we’re all here working so hard!? But it’s true. And you ended the day married, so it was a success! One day you will laugh about what you two went through to get married! Hopefully you’ll look back at your 10th, 25th, 50th anniversary and cry because you’re laughing so hard!

Post # 12
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

These are actualy great stories to tell a few years down the line. Anyway, here is the best place to ven.

At my parents wedding, my paternal grandma tried to overturn the buffet table. My mom had no idea she didn’t even want the marriage to happen. My maternal grandma stopped her. She was in charge of drinks as well but she didn’t bring them… gladly, an uncle stepped up to the plate last minute. Before the wedding, my mom got 1st runner up in a pagent and won a large makeup set. The lady who applied her makeup stole it. My paternal grandma has a kind of fake niceness towards us but we still love her.

My parents are now married for over 35 years and I actually find the story funny! Maybe you could do the same a few years down the line.

Your post was really long but it was very interesting to read.

Moral of the story: Get a day-of coordinator!

Post # 13
2247 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m so, so sorry you had to deal with all of that! It sounds like an absolute nightmare and as PP’s have said, you handled it so very well. Honestly, I would have had a psyho, bridezilla, melt down.

Obviously, the most important part of a wedding is that you marry the love of your life and you did, so congratulations on becoming a wife! The wedding may not have been the one of your dreams, but I’m sure your marriage will be everything you’ve ever wanted and more.

Perhaps for your first wedding anniversary you and your husband can go on a romantic holiday together and renew your vows?

Post # 14
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m so so sorry for you. I dont blame you for being upset. So much planning goes into this one day and we all put so much hope into the idea that everything will go perfectly. If I were you I would look in to doing a vow renewel at a tropical island or something with just you and your husband and create new and stress free memories 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors