Need your advice and opinion- wedding band for total 10.5 carat ring

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2155 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Like you, my first instinct is to go with a plain band. Especially if you want to wear both rings together. If it were me, I would get an asscher band, but I would wear the rings on separate fingers (WB on left hand, ER on right hand).

Very beautiful ring, by the way! Welcome and Congratulations!

Post # 5
1311 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 1994

Plain band.

Post # 7
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Badatusernames:  WOW  your ring is so different and beautiful!! I went through a similar struggle when looking for a wedding band. I was torn between a simple band and a large eternity band that would put my e-ring/wedding band total carat at over 9 carats. I made several trips to the jewelers and tried on the 2 options over and over. I think that is the best thing you can do. It took many trips, but I kept falling in love with the eternity band.

Try on some options and go with what you feel most comfortable with! Good luck!

Post # 8
6200 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

I have no idea what to suggest, just wanted to say you are a lucky lady!

Post # 9
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

pretty ring and you have really pretty hands! 

congrats!

Post # 12
1170 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2002

@Badatusernames:  Wow, that’s amazing!  I’d go with super thin (2mm or less), and plain, since you have thin fingers and don’t need more finger coverage.  Congrats!! 

Post # 13
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

[content moderated for snark]

Post # 14
8907 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

@Badatusernames:  I agree with getting whatever kind of band you like and wearing this on your right hand.  Anything else might just be too much for one finger.  Beautiful ring!

@HannahGrace:  a little harsh, dude.  It’s a legitimate issue – what to pair with such a big honkin ring.  Big-ringed ladies can have problems they need help solving, too.  Not a very nice welcome to a new poster 🙁

(Not that I’m one of them, I have a 0.7 center stone, lol.) 

Post # 15
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I would go with a plain thin band just so your e-ring can be the rockstar….and even still I don’t know that I would wear the wedding band all the time. Just let that e-ring shine! 🙂

Post # 16
776 posts
Busy bee

Is go with a small asscher eternity band and that’a ALL I’d wear when in Nebraska. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors