Post # 1
The FI and I discussed our thoughts of ceremony/venue last night. The FI wants to have the ceremony/reception in the town he grew up in, which is the same town we are about to buy our first house!
There is a gazebo near the lake where we would have our ceremony, and we would set up a tent on the green for our reception. The FI suggested we rent jet skiis, tubes, and canoes for folks who want to be out on the water. I’m very much in love with this idea, but want to hear your buzzing bee thoughts on my practicality questions:
1. How to let people know to bring a change of swim/lake wear to a wedding;
2. How do you have a DJ w/out electricity;
3. Is it cheesy to have monogrammed towels as a party favor;
Post # 3
I love it ! but then again – I would rather go to a wedding where people were laid back and having a great time, then all stuffy and dressed up and cranky 😉
1. when you send our your STD’s – or even your invites – print a little business card or something similar that you can put in the envelope as well that says “hey – we are renting these things for our guests to enjoy so please bring a change of clothes if you’re interested”
2. IDK how you would have a dj – but you could easily do an ipod with speakers that are charged up and have someone running the ipod during the “important” songs and then for background music when your ceremony is done, just have a playlist
3. If you are doing the water sports – I would love a towel as a guest 🙂
Post # 4
I dont know about the first two questions but to the third: No! An ex of mine’s family used to have these massive parties and would give out towels that said their name and the year on them. I loved those towels! Just make sure they’re beach towels because people will be more likely to use them again than to use them in the house. I actually think they’re a great idea
Post # 5
1) You know your gusets and if they would love yo get wet n sporty – I think its a greeat idea (if they are not the wet n sporty type dave this for the honeymoon)
2) You can alsways run a generator with an extension cord if there is no electric avail at your venue…make sure you talk to prospective DJ’s about this
3) Whos monogram? Are you going to have a towel custome monogrammed for each of your guests? I wouldnt want a towel with someone elses monogram on it ;P
Post # 6
1) Personally, I would not participate. I’d be dressed up nice for a wedding and not want to jump in a lake, but you know your guests! If they’d enjoy it, include a note in the invitation, like “We’re making a splash at our wedding! Jump in the lake to celebrate marital bliss and jetski off into the sunset with us! Make sure to bring your bathing suit!”
2) This would be something to talk to the DJ about. Each one will probably handle it differently, but the generator idea above is a good one.
3) No. I would not take a monogrammed towel that has someone else’s initials or names on it. I would leave that favor there.
Post # 8
I suppose a monogram wouldn’t work so well. Maybe screen printing a picture of the venue (gazebo, lake) with the date on it.
Post # 9
I like the idea of water sports as something different. However, be prepared for lots of guests to not participate and have a back-up plan for inclement weather.
The DJ will have ideas on what to do about the electricity problem. They may have worked there before and know exactly what to do.
I like the idea of the towel, BUT, I wouldn’t really use it again if it was monogrammed with your monogram. Maybe instead find a towel with a fun pattern, or funny quote?