(Closed) needed: vintage items & books!

posted 6 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
6010 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

For books, you can look at used bookstores, garage sales, and library sales.  If you’re just looking for aesthetics, as opposed to certain titles, you shouldn’t have to pay very much for them.

I’m not sure about the rest of the items, though…

Post # 4
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would definitely second the recommendation of garage/yard sales as well as estate sales. People are always wanting to get rid of books and knick knacks.

You might also try libraries. They often get boatloads of books from estate sales that they don’t want and they sell them off for very cheap (like $.50 or $1 each).

For the other things, I’d check out the actual classified section if you want to buy from bees.

Post # 5
3521 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

In my area, thrift stores sell hardback books for $1 or $0.75.  you could always take off the dustjackets and age them a bit with some fine grain sandpaper.

Post # 6
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Check out thrift stores, Goodwill, etc. Sometimes antique shops will have some cheap stuff. It’s a getting late in the year now for garage sales in most states, but check out the newspaper or Craiglist to see if there are any, especially if they tell you the kind of things they have. Rummage sales are also good, and they can happen at any time of the year. Library book sales could be good, especially if there is a last day/$2 for everything you can fit in a bag type of sale.

Post # 8
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

check out my last post- selling some vinatge urns for centerpieces- lmk if yu are interested 🙂

Post # 9
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@ddonalds88:  I am a vintage bride myself and have several leftovers for sale.  I have approximately 20 hardback books, some burlap fabric, china dishes, wooden crates, typewriters, etc.

If you’re interested, I can send photos.  Email me at [email protected]

Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee

i have quite a few vintage books.

email me at [email protected] if you are interested in seeing what I have

The topic ‘needed: vintage items & books!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors