Nervous, Dont know what to expect

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
Hostess
10888 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

shanbp: Aelcome to the world of TTC! I’ll PM you some info. I never thought I’d be one of those people anxious to see if AF arrives / anxiously hoping it doesn’t and here I am doing it lol. Your last sentence is so right!

Post # 4
Member
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

shanbp:  Oh I can totally relate to you on the feelings right before TTC! My husband and I just made the decision to TTC in May through the summer because it works well for us right now. So I know what you mean in that instance. I can’t help on the fertility though, as we haven’t been tested or anything (we’re 22, and 23 currently). I keep thinking, OMG are we really doing this? Am I really going off my pill next week? After all this time, am I ready to stop preventing? It is overwhelming!

Post # 6
Member
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

shanbp:  Make sure to take folic acid before TTC because it helps with the development of the neural tube which starts forming before you get a positive pregnancy test.  Other than that have fun for a few months not having to worry about birth control.  We spend so many years trying not to make a baby that I want to enjoy the few months in my life where I don’t have to worry about it.

As for twins, keep in mind that identical twins are not hereditary but fraternal twins are.  So it depends on what type of twins are in your family.

As for Downs, it is hereditary in approximately 1% of all instances but in the other 99% of cases Down syndrome is completely random and the only known factor that increases the risk is the age of the mother (over 35). – See more at: http://www.ndss.org/Down-Syndrome/Myths-Truths/#sthash.aXixnBq3.dpuf  So the sooner you start TTC the better.

Post # 8
Member
811 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Hi!  I just went off BC last month, and have been tracking my cycle with Fertility Friend.  Love it!  And after only one cycle I can tell when I likely ovulated – which is amazing to me since I never paid attention before.  Start charting and after a few months of data you’ll feel very informed!  I still am nervous about actually trying, so we’ll see when that happens!

 

Post # 9
Member
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

shanbp:  That’s exactly how I feel. And I know my husband. When we first do that, he’ll probably say, “So are you pregnant now?” LOL yes. Science works like that. It’s going to be a weird journey that’s for sure. Glad other people are nervous too!

 

hassle_J:  Totally installing this based off your post!

Post # 10
Member
811 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Yay!  The app has tutorials to explain everything, and it took me about a week to feel like I knew what I was doing.  Just get a basal thermometer and start taking temps every morning before you get up, around the same time.  Then, add some of the other variables they talk about, fluids, etc.  You’ll start to see that your body is telling you what you need to know to hopefully get pregnant (or not) when you want to.  I’m still learning….

Post # 11
cherrypieBee
1059 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2008 - A tiny town just outside of Glacier National Park

I really recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility — super empowering, and helped us conceive right away!

Post # 12
Member
6502 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Baby boy 12/2015

shanbp:  That’s great that your are starting to check your physical signs aka fertility signs. The recommended book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great one. Also, if you want to, feel free to join us at the Charter’s thread. We love to answer any questions related to charting and just life 🙂

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors