Never underestimate what your cat will eat.

posted 3 years ago in Pets
Post # 4
Member
1416 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

wow good thing you saw what she ate!! silly kitty! 

Post # 5
Member
1611 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

DH and I went through a similar senario.. One of our cats ate 13 hairties and needed emergency surgery to remove them… I felt HORRIBLE.. Although, we had NO clue he had them 🙁

Post # 7
Member
9412 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@MrsGatito:  My dog eats all kinds of random crap and he usually passes it naturally. I had no idea cats did the same thing! That must have been terrifying. It’s one thing to swallow something weird and another to swallow something that can cut your insides. I am so glad your baby is okay and you were willing to pay the vet (many pet owners won’t).

Post # 8
Member
1611 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@MrsGatito:  It’s HORRIBLE! After his surgery (they had to open both his stomach and intestine), he wasn’t allowed to jump for ~a month, after that, he’s back to normal!

Post # 9
Member
2576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@MrsGatito:  Yikes! I’m glad your kitty is ok though! As a fellow cat owner, thank you for the PSA. My cat likes to lick plastic for some reason, so it gives me a reason to really survey our apartment and make it toddler aka kitty friendly.

Post # 10
Member
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

So scary! I usually close my cat up in his room when I’m sewing because he gets into everything. One time he ate part of my bathing suit and was throwing up on and off for a couple days till he got it out, and it was right after a friend’s cat had eaten a watch battery and had to have surgery so I was super worried about him (plus I didn’t know what he’d eaten so it could have been as bad as a needle or battery).

Post # 11
Member
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

The cat I had in college did that before- ate the string attached to a needle and swallowed it and had to have surgery. It was very traumatic for me, but she was just fine. They only removed it so it didn’t perforate her intestines going through. Cats can and will eat the weirdest things. She also liked to eat hair ties as well. And pizza. And french fries. I had to lock down the house. She had a very unique personality.

 

My current cat likes to eat tissues and dryer sheets. I have to put toilet paper up high, I can’t keep kleenex out and I have to be sure to remove dryer sheets when I fold the laundry. It’s like having a baby all over again. And he’s 12. In people years, that makes him an old fart! :p

Post # 12
Member
462 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’ve been in a similar situation with a dog. I was dog-sitting and the little snot ate a RAZOR. wtf!!!

Post # 14
Member
1611 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@MrsGatito:  Ours cost us ~$800 .. That’s most likely for the stitches, so she doesn’t pop them

Post # 15
Member
6812 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

WHAT in the world?! I would have never thought they would purposely eat non-food items. Sometimes, my cat bites my engagement ring, but I don’t think he means to eat it (while it’s on my hand). I’m sorry your cat went through this, but I’m really confident that it’s not your fault, so don’t beat yourself up over it! Who would have thought that an animal would they, “Hey, needle! Yum!”?? At least your kitty is doing well. 

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors