(Closed) New girl…Doing a 1940’s theme wedding would love ideas!!

posted 9 years ago in Themes
Post # 3
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

We’re doing a 40’s inspired outdoor wedding.  We’ve taken swing dancing lessons and have put together a compilation of good swing songs for the early part of the night.  There will also be a swing instructor on site to help those who are less familiar with Lindy Hop.

I’ll also be wearing a birdcage veil. 

I’m interested in hearing what else you come up with.

Post # 5
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I am also having a 1940s themed wedding… for invitations we are making our look like a Western Union Telegram. I have been playing with different ideas for centerpieces, but we are gonna use something to do with lamps… most every old film and newer film that has been made to be set in th 40s has lamps on the tables in almost all "club" settings. We already have a vintage car with a driver! 🙂 My girls will be wearing tea-length dresses (for more of the swing look). My bridal party and I will be wearing authentic 1940s style hair. We are having some modern twists… but we are pretty much going all out! Not sure what else you need to know… just make it ur own… be creative… oh yeah we are playing 1940s/Swing music during the dinner and after the important dances we are def. moderning up the tunes!! 🙂 Good Luck… please do share if you come up with anything else!!!

Post # 6
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - Bernardo Winery

I love the idea of a 1940’s wedding. Please show your pics on the bios after the wedding, I can’t wait to see them!

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee

oh yeah i almost forgot!!! Food… comfort food… I was between meatloaf and roast… I went with roast just because i took a vote… but early 1940s was during wartime which equals comfort easy meals… i think it is going to make a nice touch to my wedding!!

Post # 9
4 posts
Wannabee

ok so i hate that i thought of something else… sorry… we are also having cigar girls… they will have more than just cigars… like candy and stuff… I am using cousins that wanted to be in the wedding that understood i didn’t want a huge bridal party… they are equally important because they will set the vibe during dinner!! hope this helps!

The topic ‘New girl…Doing a 1940’s theme wedding would love ideas!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors