- Mrs. Penguin
- 3 years ago
- Wedding: June 2008 - Winery in the Gold Country
Hiya Hive! More changes abound! These have been marked as “Completed” in our ideas section as well 🙂
1) Font changes for Weddingbee: https://weddingbee.uservoice.com/forums/241844-submit-your-idea/suggestions/5598925-change-the-font-used-on-the-boards
Fonts on site have been changed to Arial or Helvetica depending on what platform you’re on.
2) Default to boards profile tab from board
If you’re on the boards and access your profile tab, it will default to your boards profile, not your main profile.
3) Username link is not directing to the users comment: https://weddingbee.uservoice.com/forums/241844-submit-your-idea/suggestions/5599405-make-the-replies-more-easily-clickable-again
Now if you’re clicking on a hyperlink of an @reply on the boards, it will jump to the comment that the poster is referencing to.
4) Editing a boards post removes all paragraph spacing.
This has been fixed; now when you edit boards posts, your paragraph spacing should remain intact.
5) Profile links are broken for users with spaces in their name.
You should now be able to view profiles of hive members with spaces in their names, and hive members with spaces in their names should now be able to access their profiles just like other members are able to.
6) Add background color to Original Poster’s post: https://weddingbee.uservoice.com/forums/241844-submit-your-idea/suggestions/5598937-reinstate-original-poster-callouts-in-boards-thr
We added a light green background to the OPs’ posts, and any subsequent posts they write in that thread.
7) “Return to this thread” link should take user to the specific post page. https://weddingbee.uservoice.com/forums/241844-submit-your-idea/suggestions/5604689-return-to-your-last-post-when-someone-replies-to-y
Now if you get an email/PM notification of someone responding to you in a thread, it’ll take you to that specific response/post on the thread.
UPDATE 3/18/14, 3PM PST:
Hi hive! I know it’s been a few days since the last update! We’ve primarily been focusing on fixing speed issues up until now; most of you have reported that the new site is very laggy so the admin team has been hard at work getting the new site running as fast as possible for you. We wanted to let you know the set of fixes and improvements we’re currently working on:
1) Call out the original poster’s replies
3) Make the “return to thread” links in notifications link back to the specific post
4) Make boards font smaller and consistent from browser to browser
5) Jump to last page or a specific page on mobile and tablet
6) Fix Boards formatting so that paragraphs won’t disappear
7) Fixing profile links for users with spaces in their username
Thank you for your continued votes and ideas in the new Ideas section! It’s super helpful for us to prioritize and address issues you’re having. We’re monitoring the ideas section regularly, and that’s the best way to let us know what features you want to see on the new Weddingbee!
Hi Bees! Here’s the latest tech update for the site for March 11, 2014!
- Requests to move related posts below comment box. This has been completed, and you should now see the comment box above the related posts box. (https://weddingbee.uservoice.com/forums/241844-submit-your-idea/suggestions/5599111-remove-related-posts-completely-or-alternatel)
- Private message inbox was showing all messages as unread, instead of a count of just your new messages. This has been resolved and you should see only new messages called out in that number.
- Some users were seeing content that was supposed to be in the right rail show up at the bottom of the page (or not at all) including links to “Ideas” and “Support” that live at the top left hand corner of the page. This has been resolved; if you still don’t see those links, clear your cache and refresh Weddingbee and they should show.
More updates to come soon!
3/6/14 update: Hi hive! Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know the following has been implemented:
- PREVIEW IMAGE REMOVED from front of boards. (If you liked that feature, we will be bringing it back as OPTIONAL in the future!)
- HELPFUL thumbs up activated, and now showing counts. Find a comment helpful but don’t have much to add? Give it a thumbs up!
- LOGIN issue fully fixed. If you’re still experiencing login troubles, email us at help (at) weddingbee (dot) com
Original message, 3/5/14 Hi hive! Whew, what a day! The whole team has been poring over your feedback on the new site including on the boards and in the new Weddingbee Ideas page, and we wanted to send out an update! In this all-new Weddingbee, our team set out to build a new site from scratch. We’ve been working off of an old site and patchwork system initially built many moons ago, and as the site grew its sections, many of the parts of the site were functioning on different platforms, separately from each other. (For instance, ever notice how on the old site you had a different profile and activity for support.weddingbee.com, boards.weddingbee.com, bios.weddingbee.com, etc?) This was REALLY difficult to manage, and so we made a big decision to take it all under one umbrella, and that meant…starting over! Most glaringly, on the boards, many of you have pointed out that there were features on the old boards that you so dearly miss. We do plan on bringing many of the features that you so loved back – some in the same form you were used to, some slightly newer, more functional and updated ways. Here is a short list of what we plan to update within the next couple weeks:
- We’re bringing back the outline around the Original Poster (OP) in threads! You should see this feature built out on the new boards soon.
- The “Related Posts” box that currently lives above “Leave a Comment” will move BELOW the Comment box, so that you can better see and access commenting on threads.
- Many reported the fact that showing a preview image on the boards wasn’t ideal – especially in the TTC boards, and causing potential slowdowns in mobile. We’ll move toward setting the default to NOT showing a preview image on the boards, and eventually make it an option to turn on if you choose. Our initial release will be to remove this though…for now!
- The new “Helpful” thumbs up button isn’t completely functional. When this turns on, you should be able to thumbs up posts you find helpful, and see a count for helpful posts. This is particularly nice when you like what someone has to say, but don’t feel like leaving a comment to that effect.
- All Private Messages are currently showing as unread, regardless of whether you’ve read them or not. This was a bug in the transfer over to the new PM system, and this should be fixed soon, so that the unread post count accurately reflects only the messages you have that are truly unread.
There are more upcoming features to be released on Weddingbee, some we’re building that mimic old functionality, and some that are all-new! If a feature is important to you that you’d like to see (old, or new!), please post it to our new IDEAS FORUM, or vote for it if it’s already been proposed, so we can get a really good idea of what’s most important to you as we continue to make updates to the site. This is the best place to get your voice heard and your vote counted, as we take these comments in with us when meet to discuss features. As for what we’re working on RIGHT this moment, the login issue many of you were experiencing is now largely fixed, and we’re working on resolving privacy issues related to username changes and deletion requests. Thank you for joining us on our first day of the all-new Weddingbee, and we’ll continue to work hard to bring you exciting new updates and features to make your Weddingbee experience better than ever! Pengy and the Weddingbee Team
- This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Mrs. Penguin. Reason: fixed the IDEAS FORUM link in the post
- This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Mrs. Penguin. Reason: 3/6/14 update added to top of post
- This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Mrs. Penguin. Reason: 3/11/14 update
- This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Mrs. Penguin. Reason: 3/18/14 update
- This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Mrs. Penguin. Reason: update 3/26/14