- 2 years ago
- Wedding: Shadow Lawn in High Falls, NY
Hi, I’m new to this site and this is my first time posting. I’ve been browsing other posts to get some information but figured why not try and post my specific questions here! My fiancé and I live in NYC and just booked our wedding at Front and Palmer on 09/19/15. I have family in the area, plus a Manhattan or Brooklyn wedding was just outside of our budget. If you can help me with any of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated:
1) Hotels – we want to stay near Rittenhouse Square for “first look” photos since F&P is not in the best neighborhood (sorry to any Kensington residents out there!). I reached out to The Rittenhouse, who are not offering any room blocks for that weekend (09/18-20/15). We know that the pope is expected to visit the following weekend, but was surprised to hear that it would have any effect on our weekend. Anyway, can anyone recommend hotels for wedding room blocks that have nice bridal suites in or around that neighborhood? We’d love to have both higher and lower priced options for our guests, so are looking to block rooms in 2 or more hotels.
2) Officiant – I’m Jewish and my fiancé is Catholic, so we are looking for a priest/rabbi combo who will not only do a wedding for us, but will do it on Saturday before sundown (during Shabbat – I’m an awful Jew). If not, we are looking for a non-denominational officiant.
3) Music – Our budget for music is about $5K and while our preference is a band, we’d rather an amazing deejay over a crappy band. If we go with a deejay, we’d like someone with more of a hipster or hip-hop vibe as opposed to spikey hair, neon lights, etc. Any suggestions?
4) Rehearsal Dinner – We’d love to keep this low-key. Maybe rent out a section of a small restaurant (one with a garden would be optimal!).
5) Photographer – I came across Lauren Fair photography while venue searching, but she is sadly booked for that date. I received a quote from Love Me Do, which will end up being upwards of $8K for the photogs, videographer (reel and highlights only), and open air photo booth. This doesn’t include any albums. Any feedback on them, and/or their pricing? They’ve been awesome in our communication with them so far and are willing to come to NYC for our engagement shoot,.
Any feedback about Front and Palmer would be appreciated as well. Thanks SO much in advance!!