- 4 years ago
- Wedding: August 2015
Hi bees! My SO and I have only been dating for 11 months now (I’m 24, SO is 31), and I wasn’t planning on joining this site until we had been together for a least a year, but I can’t help it! Lately my SO’s actions have led me to believe I’m officially waiting! I’ll explain below, but let me know if you agree I’m waiting or if you think I’m over analyzing and need to take a step back. Also let me know if any of these things have happened in your relationship and if anything came about from it!
Okay, so things that lead me to believe I’m waiting:
1. He’s making things happen so he can be where he wants to be in life, he had expressed previously he wasn’t where he wanted to be in life at his age, but he wasn’t ready to take action until recently. He went and got an amazing new day job (he also owns his own online business which he has been putting more time into too), and he got serious about paying off student loans.
2. He has a sudden interest for me to hang out and bond with his mom and brother, which is really unusual. I do however know and hangout with all of his friends and go to all of his extended family get togethers, just not a lot of 1 on 1 time with his immediate family, they aren’t like that, so him pushing this is a big deal. And he can’t shut up about how happy he is that his mom and I can talk for hours and bond and get along.
3. Our wedding is on his mind. He talks about who he would invite, who his groomsmen will be, and he’s so crazy that 3 times in the last 2 weeks he has kissed me and asked if that is how we will kiss at our wedding and then he wants to practice the perfect kiss!
4. We have been talking vaguely about him moving on with me for 2 months, but decided we would be engaged or an engagement coming very soon if we move in together. The last 2 weeks he has talked seriously about the details of him moving in.
5. Yesterday he told me he wanted to go look at rings to get an idea of what I like!!! I tried not to show how excited I was, but omg!!!
So, here I am now 🙂 I know if he moves in or we go look at rings it still might not happen for a while, and I’m prepared to try and patiently wait, but what do you bees think?